fastrac cornwall

edmjm

hey mark that's a good point & along that thinking wouldn't the internal volume also be changed by the fastrac cornwall horn because it's bigger than the stock horn? I wondr if ALK can adjust for that with the crossover?

10 minutes ago, mark1101 said:

Personally when I see cabinet bracing mentioned.......that always surprises me because it changes the internal volume which is calculated to load the woofer.

I agree totally. That's why I screwed an additional same-size piece of 3/4" birch ply to the outside of the access panel on my CW's. It cut the vibration from the internal pressures on that panel to near nothing and gave em' a bit more bass slam.

10 hours ago, edmjm said:

hey mark that's a good point & along that thinking wouldn't the internal volume also be changed by the fastrac cornwall horn because it's bigger than the stock horn? I wondr if ALK can adjust for that with the crossover?

Yes, the volume would be affected by a horn change as well as any cabinet bracing.  How much does it matter?  I have no idea.  :)

But I would surely install that horn and get some proven significant improvement before I would ever add internal bracing.

External bracing.........there you go.  The backs of my cornwalls are so fatigued I can always feel them vibrate when the volume is up.  That's life with 1973 cornwalls.

• Like 1