Hurricane Season 2017.

CECAA850

• Moderators
15 hours ago, Seadog said:

Cindy is ruining our vacation. My wife and I arrived in Destin, Florida yesterday afternoon.

Sorry to hear about that, and the tornado warning, right on the beach can get bad, there is nothing to slow down the wind. Was on a balcony once right on the beach for a bad thunderstorm at night, got a bunch of pic's of lightning hitting the beach and water. 

• Like 1

• Moderators

5 1/2"  inches of rain so far, but it does seem to be more off and on today than yesterday and last night, it was nonstop. What did seem a little out of the ordinary was there was alot of lightning last night with the heavier storms, usually with TS or hurricanes we do not get much lightning and it's more of just a steady rain.  

14 hours ago, Seadog said:

Tornado warning alert woke us at 4:44 am this morning.  Apparently, a water spout was detected just off shore heading towards Destin. We were ready to hit the nearest stair well, but it seems that it made shore just west of here near Fort Walton Beach.  Winds are still 40 mph here with heavy rains coming down and sometimes sideways.  Good luck to all of you in the direct path of this storm, which looks like will be the Texas / Lousiana border (Carl).

I hate it for you seadog. My regular stomping ground is that white quartz about 30 miles east of you. I try to go in March, May, September and October. Last 2 weeks of May are my favorite, I understand others have timing conflicts. At least get some cool beverages and some Royal Red shrimp (if you can find them) and oysters down and make the best of it. You might hit the outlet at Miramar. Make the wife happy. Happy Trails.

http://eatalabamaseafood.com/fish/royal-red-shrimp/

• Like 2

The center of the storm hit about 30 miles east of me.  If I hadn't been watching the news I would have never known it.  We've had more wind and rain on countless occasions than this. It was basically a non event here.  I hope others fared as well.   

• Like 1

• Moderators

Rain ended here mostly last night, emptied the rain gauge the first day at 2.5 inches. Just emptied again at 5 inches, so 7.5" total, it's all we got from the whole thing, plus a little breeze, wish they were all this easy. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, T2K said:

I hate it for you seadog. My regular stomping ground is that white quartz about 30 miles east of you. I try to go in March, May, September and October. Last 2 weeks of May are my favorite, I understand others have timing conflicts. At least get some cool beverages and some Royal Red shrimp (if you can find them) and oysters down and make the best of it. You might hit the outlet at Miramar. Make the wife happy. Happy Trails.

http://eatalabamaseafood.com/fish/royal-red-shrimp/

The clouds have parted and the sun finally came out.  After a great lunch of grilled shrimp at Dewey Destins, we spent the afternoon on the beach.  Very crowded but very nice.  Not a total washout of a vacation after all.  Hope to find a live music venue tonight.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Seadog said:

The clouds have parted and the sun finally came out.  After a great lunch of grilled shrimp at Dewey Destins, we spent the afternoon on the beach.  Very crowded but very nice.  Not a total washout of a vacation after all.  Hope to find a live music venue tonight.

I can't imagine what you could have done in that condo to pass the time.

Glad it's cleared up!

• Like 2