Klipsch RP-450CA / Wall Mount

Kevin L. Bass

Greetings!

Has anyone wall mounted a RP-450C or 450 CA? This is what I would prefer doing so I will not have to purchase new entertainment furniture.

If you have successfully wall mounted, can you link me to the items you used (wall shelf/brackets/etc.)?

Thank you in advance.

Kev

On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 3:04 PM, Tasdom said:

I've bought some pinpoint mounts before. Mine were for bookshelf but they do have some center mounts.

http://www.pinpointmounts.com/Center-Channel-Mounts_c_33.html

and welcome to the forum

Thank you for responding Tasdom. I am glad to finally be a Klipsch speaker owner. I haven't received them yet, but they will be delivered this weekend. I can't wait to give them a listen.

How does the linked mount work? Do they screw into the back of the speaker? Considering the max weight on the AM45LCR.FH is 25 pounds, two of these should suffice. The RP-450C is 33 pounds.

Scroll towards the middle of the page and click on the product sheet (PDF). They say they are rated to 33 lbs. The bottom of the bracket is extendable to accommodate the depth of the speaker. It's basically 2 L brackets that affix to the studs in the wall. The AM-15 is what you need.

http://www.pinpointmounts.com/AM-15_Center_Channel_Speaker_Mount.html

17 hours ago, Tasdom said:

Scroll towards the middle of the page and click on the product sheet (PDF). They say they are rated to 33 lbs. The bottom of the bracket is extendable to accommodate the depth of the speaker. It's basically 2 L brackets that affix to the studs in the wall. The AM-15 is what you need.

http://www.pinpointmounts.com/AM-15_Center_Channel_Speaker_Mount.html

Good morning, Tasdom.

This product seems more reasonable than the first you linked.

The only concern I would have is the arm at its maximum length is 11.5". The RP-450CA has a depth of 14". Do you see any concern there?

Personally, I wouldn't be too concerned with 2.5" of overhang and I'm guessing that measurement is with the grill on which is very light anyways.

Basically it's just an L bracket and you could buy longer ones at the big box stores for less money. Or attach a shelf to either option to accommodate the depth of the speaker.

On ‎6‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 10:23 AM, Tasdom said:

Personally, I wouldn't be too concerned with 2.5" of overhang and I'm guessing that measurement is with the grill on which is very light anyways.

Basically it's just an L bracket and you could buy longer ones at the big box stores for less money. Or attach a shelf to either option to accommodate the depth of the speaker.

These may work better:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HZMCP4E/ref=dra_a_ms_hp_hn_xx_P3302_100?tag=dradisplay-20&ascsubtag=517d59dca29da520a1d68f1906b09015_S

On ‎6‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 10:23 AM, Tasdom said:

Tasdom,

Just wanted to let you know I mounted the center channel with the brackets. Seems to be doing well. ;) I ended up purchasing the ones I linked due to weight advantage and being able to extend them out a little further.

Thanks again for your input.

Edited by Kevin L. Bass

• 3 years later...

On 6/28/2017 at 11:17 AM, Kevin L. Bass said:

Tasdom,

Just wanted to let you know I mounted the center channel with the brackets. Seems to be doing well. ;) I ended up purchasing the ones I linked due to weight advantage and being able to extend them out a little further.

Thanks again for your input.

Hi. Old post but just what I was looking for.
I'm getting an outstanding deal for de RP450C, but I need to wall-mount it, underneath my wall-mounted screen, as I have my current centre.
How good have these brackets been? Did they bend over time because of the weight? Do you feel "safe" with them? Would you add a second set to make it sturdier, or something to secure the speaker even more especially on the front?
Thanks.