ALK ESN400s + ES5800s......SOLD......

mark1101

I built the 2 mid and 2 woofer boards in 2006 for Khorns I had at the time.  I ordered matched sets of caps and upgraded to Auricaps.

The ES5800s are around 2 years old and I got them from a forum member.  These were in an accident and sustained some minor crush damage to a couple of the inductors.  You may or may not be able to see this in the pics.  Minor and insignificant but I want to make sure this is disclosed.  These were sent to AL and tested and they are to spec.  Work perfectly.

I have been most recently using these on a pair of lascalas shown that are to be sold.

These are a dead nuts matched pair of awesome ESN networks and PRICED TO SELL. These work on Khorns and Lascalas.

XXXXX + shipping.  Probably 3 boxes and will be packaged for safe arrival.

IMAG1395.jpg

IMAG1399.jpg

IMAG1398.jpg

IMAG1403.jpg

IMAG1402.jpg

IMAG1252.jpg

IMAG1397.jpg

• Like 1

18 hours ago, mark1101 said:

These were sent to AL and tested and they are to spec.  Work perfectly.

so ALK was willing to test networks he did not build ?.. was there a charge ?

and even if there was, it was pretty cool of him to do that...

ALK tested the ES5800s that he built.  One got some minor damage in shipping (you can see in the pics) not to be but from the former owner to someone else.  They went to AL to verify they were OK after this happened.  They were fine.  I ended up buying them.  They work perfectly and have his newest tweeter attenuators in them with 2db increments.

Back when I built the other boards I built a few sets of ESNs (I still use them) and always ordered matched pairs of caps and spared no expense to ensure an accurate matched pair of networks,  The curves at my house were always right on top of one another.  Most recently using these with lascalas the curves are still one on top of the other.  These networks are dead nuts.

• 1 month later...