2 Channel Pro Gear Recommendations

rockhound

Who is running pro gear in a dedicated 2 channel setup? Curious what would be a good small pro system for small to mid sized rooms. I have a small 2 channel room 12x12 that currently houses a set of Khorns and a tuba sub. I have owned a pair of KP-301's and 201's loved both of them, now wondering what other configurations would work in this space. Never owned any of the pro subs. So if you were building a small pro only system for a room this size what would you get?

• Like 1

The Heresy HIP's are my favorite little pro speaker (especially after all of the Crites upgrades) and they provide plenty of output just need a lot of help in the bass department. Set a pair of these on top of a set of the Ultra 2 subs and I'm not sure one could ask for much more..  :D

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, jjptkd said:

The Heresy HIP's are my favorite little pro speaker (especially after all of the Crites upgrades) and they provide plenty of output just need a lot of help in the bass department. Set a pair of these on top of a set of the Ultra 2 subs and I'm not sure one could ask for much more..  :D

I hear ya the KP-201's I had were also very good.

• Moderators
On 6/23/2017 at 7:31 AM, rockhound said:

So if you were building a small pro only system for a room this size what would you get?

You didn't say price so, and you did say medium or small room.

On 6/24/2017 at 6:22 AM, bhendrix said:

Ki-396

The 396 would be my first choice easily.

On 6/24/2017 at 8:37 AM, jjptkd said:

Heresy HIP's

my second choice.

Now do consider I can't remember models of any others I heard (I think it was a couple more) but surely don't remember the numbers. But  the 396 is very surprising, and the HIP's and a sub would work.

• 1 month later...
On 6/23/2017 at 0:35 PM, HOGFAN said:

I think you need my 362/682 setup

I have two sets of KP-362's

One set at my auto shop, the bay is approx 24x24. They fill the whole shop with sound. Power them with a Carver TFM-42. They just sit on the floor in the corners, I would like to hang them at some point..... was running a couple old subs but the subs took a dump.... but those KP's have some real hard hitting bass imho..... "that chest thumping bass" and tool box ratting.... :lol:

The other pair spends most of the time in my daughter old bedroom with all my other audio crapp that not used alot. 

I do bring them out once and awhile to knock the dust off the woofers. In my living room they do have better sound that the ones at the shop. The shop doesn't have the best acoustics lol lol. I have used them on my deck also, but I like my EV's better on the deck. The KP's lack bass outside with those rear ports..... but in the house they pound... I power them with a big Carver at the house, TFM-55.

I also would love to find some of those little pro Heresy. There was a set on CL a few weeks back. Guy wanted $600 for em. They were the ones with the aluminium trim around the cabs. Just wasn't the right time....

Anyway I like my KP-362's:D

MKP :-)

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ATLAudio said:

Would you suggest this as a center between two Jubes?

If you have the space, I"d put a LaScala bottom with a K402 (best scenario) or a K510 on top

If you don't have the space, I'd think it would be a workable choice since it's got the 510 on top.

17 hours ago, Coytee said:

If you have the space, I"d put a LaScala bottom with a K402 (best scenario) or a K510 on top

If you don't have the space, I'd think it would be a workable choice since it's got the 510 on top.

Space is always the issue. With a set up like @bhendrix that allows a "cubby" for the center then yes, the LaSK402 hybrid is ideal.

• 3 weeks later...

Nothing too exotic (and everybody's already mentioned them) but I'll always put in a good word for the KP-201s. They're my favorite speakers by far, I got them quick in a craigslist sale after the forum recommended them. After having Synergy towers, RP-280Fs, and KG 5.2s, the KP-201 turned out to be everything my ears wanted from a speaker.

I use them in a small room with a Synergy Sub 12, Emotiva A-300 amp and Adcom preamp. They'd like a little more breathing space, but they still image nicely in the corners.