Vinyl News for Thebes

Well at first I thought this was a clever lawyer trying to induce me into opening up articles that were comeons for The Beatles Re-issues of the Month Club.

Great reading here Travis. Thanks for posting the various links which once again prove that not only is vinyls alive, and kicking,

but the bestest musical medium ever!

This is the second time I've learned here that there are new pressing machines being made, which given the cost of tooling up for a relatively limited market, is a great sign for vinyl's endurance.  I do believe, in addition to the German firm, they are making them The Check Republic. Tres cool. 

Oh, come on, Thebes... You really should  check out the reMIX of the Sgt. Pepper album. Mix done with Giles Martin, son of Sir George Martin. Not just a remaster, but using the original 4 track, 1 inch tapes that were kept by Abbey Road Studios. They kept enough that individual tracks could be bounced over to do a real remix.

You know you would love it.

Bruce

• Moderators
22 hours ago, Marvel said:

Oh, come on, Thebes... You really should  check out the reMIX of the Sgt. Pepper album. Mix done with Giles Martin, son of Sir George Martin. Not just a remaster, but using the original 4 track, 1 inch tapes that were kept by Abbey Road Studios. They kept enough that individual tracks could be bounced over to do a real remix.

You know you would love it.

Bruce

Oh boy.  That album is in Thebes top 10 worst rock Lp's of all time.

Maybe this article will entice him to give it another spin.

http://bigthink.com/robby-berman/sgt-pepper-wasnt-broken-so-they-fixed-it

Travis -- Thanks for the link. That explains it very well. You can only imagine what those individual tracks sound like. One inch 4-tracks!! It's amazing the tapes were still around. A lot of companies only keep them a certain number of years before they are reused or thrown out. I really wish I had the dollars to get the deluxe edition. I'm not really a collector, but have enjoyed Sir Paul's releases he has done on SoundCloud.

Bruce

• 3 weeks later...