FS: Cary amp and Seaton sub Zip 18017

simpleman68

Some folks over on the Emotiva forum recommended this place. My screen name is the same on Audiogon, AVS forum, Emotiva Forum and I have 100% feedback at all.

Not AVS though. Haven't sold anything there.

Most things here are a good 10% below market value so I can get them out of here.

All prices do not include PP and shipping fees.
Local audition is greatly encouraged.

I am in zip 18017 and just over an hour from NYC and Philly.

Cary Audio 120S MKII - $2500

Factory upgraded with Cardas Golden Ratio bypass capacitors and Hexfred Diodes ($500+ adder)
Upgraded Svetlana Winged "C" 6550 output tubes and Electro-Harmonix 6SN7 signal tubes
120 watts per channel ultra-linear or 60 watts per channel triode.
RCA or XLR inputs

Specs: www.caryaudio.com/products/cad-120s-mkii/

nsrRJQf.jpg

Seaton Submersive HP+ - $1600

Dual 15" drivers facing opposite each other in a push/pull.
Built in 4000W amp with XLR and RCA inputs

Specs: www.seaton-sound-forum.com/post/submersive-hp-hpslave-8043184

peihWjy.jpg

Polk RTi A9 - $750 - SOLD

Hate to part with these. Bought them new in ~ '06 and they are in excellent condition with a couple of hard to see indentations (not scratches) in the wood.

Edited by simpleman68
Polks sold
  • Like 2

Thank you!

Theater will have to go to the next home owner as we're getting ready to move next year; better school district for the kids.

Really gonna miss it. Took me 3 mos of near full time nights and weekends to do it all.

Pics of finished build: emotivalounge.proboards.com/thread/45960/simpleman68-completed-basement-theater-pics

Scott

• Like 2

1 hour ago, simpleman68 said:

Thank you!

Theater will have to go to the next home owner as we're getting ready to move next year; better school district for the kids.

Really gonna miss it. Took me 3 mos of near full time nights and weekends to do it all.

Pics of finished build: emotivalounge.proboards.com/thread/45960/simpleman68-completed-basement-theater-pics

Scott

Very nice work.  The Cary amp looks great!  Good luck with your sales and the move.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, novisnick said:

Scott, how are these Polks different from a set of Paradigm Studio 100 V5? Sound wise what would you say? Txs. 

While both are similarly sized/configured, they sound very different in the mid range and tweets.

Both have very good, clean bass resolution in my opinion.

Paradigm gets a big nod for smoother and better defined mids. About the same for the highs. The soft dome of the Polks is very nice but a bit too laid back

(again for my tastes) somebody else may vastly prefer that more relaxed highs.

The Studio 100 V5s have very clean/clear highs without being harsh and are easy to "shape" by altering toe in/out.

The Paradigms are pretty directional that way.

The Polks also require a LOT more power to open up where the Studios are more consistent with dynamics.

Scott

• Like 1