Sansui BA-3000 ? ?

Hey All !  I have an acquaintance that works at a school as a Music teacher.

Somebody donated a Sansui BA-3000 in apparent excellent cosmetic shape to the school, it's his job to maximize this donation.

Anything he sells it for goes into the school music department.

He did hook it up, and "it seems to work fine"

But he has NO history of service or any other details.

Asking you Folks for suggestions as to to how / what venue/ etc.. how to best sell this to get fair $ return back to the school.

Some others are suggesting ebay, sounds potentially  scary to me for a bigger ticket item.

In his position in this, of course he needs to be careful that nothing negative happens. Thank you,  Marc

d252cd255cce85e21e0c15362c49b24f.jpg

Tryin to help someone here.

I may suggest to him to list here for honorable prospects as compared to the Bay, , but feeling kinda shy due to lack of feedback here.

I know I'm not in the Clique here, but this is irrelevant of that. 

I have no dog in this fight other than trying to help a good guy from another Forum I frequent, , not an Audio guy.   Marc

You had also suggested possibly having this unit serviced. In my opinion you will not recover the amount that you spend to have the unit serviced on any of the eBay, audiogon or other sites. If it works well as it is, then sell it as is.

• Like 3

That is a fantastic amplifier, and all vintage buffs know what it is, because they all want one. Value is tough, because it is now well into summer, and stuff does not bring near the coin it does in the winter months. Not only that, the working condition of a 40 year old amplifier is always questionable. Even though it works, it will need some work done to be reliable again. BUT! You do not want just anybody working on this amp. I cannot stress this enough.

In your position, I would just sell it like it is. There are not allot of GOOD service centers in your neck of the woods, and I would not let them touch this amp with a 10ft pole. Yes, I know this, because I work on this stuff every day all day, and most of my out of state work comes from where you are.

I will chat more with you over PM, as I would really like to see this one get treated right.

• Like 1