FS - Modified Belles - Massachusetts

Gregg357

Hello,

For sale is a pair of modified Belles. The only Klipsh left is the cabinet. $2,750.00 Cape Cod Ma.

Will try for better pics soon.

Motivated Seller.

belle cabinets

crites cast frame woofers

alk es400/es5800 xo's

jbl 2404 tweeters

bms 4591 mids

volti 2" wooden horn assembly

no original klipsh copper emblems

original belles bot from forum member Edroom.

Belle - Serial Tag.jpg

IMG_0137 (800x600).jpg

IMG_0138 (800x600).jpg

IMG_0136 (800x600).jpg

IMG_0140 (800x600).jpg

IMG_0147 (800x600).jpg

IMG_0155 (800x600).jpg

• Like 4

Has to be a sweet sounding set of Belles.       I did a somewhat similar refurbishment  to my TSCMs complete with the ALK crossovers and the improvement was impressive.    Put these with real sub and you got a fabulous stereo set !    Would like to know what you have that is so good so as to make these beauties expendable?

1HOHDude,

Thanks for the bump.

Yes, they are sweet sounding,  I was in a weird phase a couple years ago.  I went a little crazy with ALK network upgrades to my cornwalls and fortes.  Then I did this component install in a set of klipschorns and these belles.  Since that time I've moved and can't lay them all out together as I had.  I'm keeping the klipschorns and fortes.  The cornwalls are gone and now the belles need a loving home.  Plus trying to move two pair of HII's upgraded with the OEM package to HIII's.

I guess I had too many and couldn't see the forest for the trees.

Enjoy,

Gregg

IMG_0141 (800x600).jpg

IMG_0142 (800x600).jpg

IMG_0143 (800x600).jpg

IMG_0146 (800x600).jpg

• Like 2

Terry,

I don't need much.  I'd move them for a no haggle at the door, $475 per pair.

I will post some pics tonight.  Both sets are walnut, one w/black grilles and the other set w/brown grilles.

They are not ugly, but a significant-other may kick them out of the living room.

Bottom line is they are speakers, so it's about the ears not the eyes.

Thanks for your reply.

Gregg

Hello I have upgraded several pairs of klipsch speakers with crites upgrades. They made a magnificent improvement.

can you tell me how these upgrades sound compared to the crites. I'm especially interested in the volti horn. Any info would be appreciated .

thank you.

Mck240,

I can't give a good compare and contrast. I've never done a side by side or anything like that.  Basically, I wanted to bring my speakers to a younger state by replacing the components.

I think Bob Crites might say that his equipment is more replacement than upgrade (define this word yourself).  I believe he is not as interested in increasing some element of the whole, rather, he provides newer versions of the older original parts.  This is only my opinion and he may vehemently disagree.  Certainly he and his products have earned the full respect of this forum (myself included). 

The Volti equipment on the other hand is meant to fundamentally change the performance of the speaker, specifically, in this case, by allowing a full 2" driver and a horn made from wood in the klipschorn.  To this end, it achieves great success.  Many have complained of the oem horn and the material from which it was made.  I changed out most of these items in one fell swoop so I can't give component by component differences.  But, I very very much like the 2" driver and wooden horn combo. I definitely recommend it.  It just seems to produce a more full, patient, and breathy sound.  Very possibly a self convinced result, but either way, I like it.

The ALK equipment, again, is meant to be a performance enhancer and game changer.  And it is all of that.  There are alot of great xo makers out there.  But, there is no doubt the ALK ES xo's perform superbly.

Add a nice tube amp and off you go...

Thanks for your reply,

Gregg

• Like 3

On ‎8‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 7:24 AM, Gregg357 said:

Terry,

I don't need much.  I'd move them for a no haggle at the door, $475 per pair.

I will post some pics tonight.  Both sets are walnut, one w/black grilles and the other set w/brown grilles.

They are not ugly, but a significant-other may kick them out of the living room.

Bottom line is they are speakers, so it's about the ears not the eyes.

Thanks for your reply.

Gregg

That's a steal.  Good luck with your sale.

• 4 weeks later...