Marantz 2220B - CT

Grizzog

It's 20wpc.

I bought this from someone who had it stored and barely used it. Everything works with no static or any issues. I had plans to do a purely vintage second setup, but now I'm pairing down everything. It sounds fantastic and was great on my fortes (which I've also sold).

• 4 months later...

Awesome! FYI, the case alone is worth $150. (If you have it "inside" a cabinet you don't really need the case. :) )

You'll like it! Have a Marantz 2252B and think it sounds better than my "cheap" Pilot 210 tube amp.

Cheers, Emile

On 6/25/2017 at 9:29 PM, Grizzog said:

$275

Marantz 2220B receiver with wood case in excellent condition.

All lights and functions work with no static.

Comes with original box.

Sounds great.

Located in Terryville, CT.

There is one listed on my local CL. They want $425 and it looks pretty crappy and has the metal case. This one you have with the wood case, original box, sounding great with no issues is a great deal. If you were local, I would have to grab it. 

GLWS

• Like 1

2235B, 2250 ans 2270

There is a gentleman over on audio karma that is building reproduction Marantz cabinets that are very very nice. If you are not a member over there, I will be happy to put you in touch with him. Let me know. If you are a member, just do a search on reproduction Marantz cabinets. His work looks beautiful

2 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

If you are not a member over there, I will be happy to put you in touch with him.

Thanks Jim. I am a member. I will search that. I want to recap all 3. I misspoke in that I think one is a 2238B. It sound just fine. I think I'd start with the 2270. It sounds too warm, like it needs refreshed. I can only imaging how nice the grizz's 2220 sounds coupled with Klipsch. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jimjimbo said:

That link doesn't work for me even when logged in.

This guy does nice work!  http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?posts/9970845/

joe@asaalah.com is in southern Missouri.  

• Like 1