Modified K-horn in Detroit

JohnA

4 minutes ago, Schu said:

wheres the mods?

The mystery squawker connection in photo 7 and the white caps in the xovers. Oh, some monster wire with plastic adele clamps.

All in all look decent at a given price.....

'78's came with AA networks and K-55V mids.  They bought an upgrade from Klipsch in the early 80's that added the AK networks, K-55M midranges and most likely K-77M tweeters and the new woofer hatch panel with banana plug inputs.

3 hours ago, DizRotus said:

The La Scala are currently at $245 and the Khorns are at $652.  These bear watching.

Go get them both @teaman.

holy cow!  no kidding!  even with a couple days left in the auction.  looks like what do you guys call it - a youthman deal?

• Like 2

The good news is that I can make multiple trips if need be to get them home safely...if I win of course. I know of another forum goer that had a  pair shipped by them and they were in horrible condition after they arrived. I would love to grab the KLF-C7 as well.....and even the Audi TT coupe is only around $5k right now!

I would be surprised if the final sale prices aren't at least double the current bids.  Bidding early in this auction, or an eBay "auction," is, IMO, a mistake.

My understanding of EBTH auctions is that sniping doesn't work, at least not effectively.  For example, the auction nominally ends at 8pm EDT.  If the high bid for the Khorns remains at $645, a sniped bid at  7:59:55 in the amount of $660 would extend the auction several minutes, effectively negating the power of a last second sniped bid.  The EBTH auction is more like a true auction; unlike eBay, which is more like a silent auction.  I never place other than a sniped bid on eBay, unless it's BIN.

• Like 1

I agree DizRotus, I am one of those last second bidders on Ebay too. In the EBTH auctions if you bid in the last five minutes it extends the auction by five more minutes which kind of negates the sniping aspect. 

Maybe I will just grab the car....lol

Tim

• Like 2

Tim-

Does an EBTH bid with a few seconds more than 5 minutes remaining, extend the auction?  I seem to recall reading that EBTH reserves the right to use its discretion to extend the auction to accommodate late bidding.

If the current bids remain at 7:59, I would bid then.  If someone is lying in the weeds to over-bid, so be it.  Again, I expect the final bids to be closer to market value.

• Like 1

From what I read it states the five minute rule until nobody bids in the last five minutes and therefor the winner is decided.

I am still trying to find out the auction share, I think I saw it was 10% on top of the sale price plus the sales tax since it is local.