Modified K-horn in Detroit

JohnA

1 hour ago, minermark said:

?

So if you win the item for your bid, there is still another charge they are going to stick you for?

I have to read up but from what I looked at in previous auctions you have an auctioneer fee, plus state taxes if they are local.

59 minutes ago, teaman said:

I have to read up but from what I looked at in previous auctions you have an auctioneer fee, plus state taxes if they are local.

Please let me know what you find out.  I will only bid if, after all fees and taxes, they're substantially below market value, and, if you're not bidding.

• Like 1

Just now, DizRotus said:

Please let me know what you find out.  I will only bid if, after all fees and taxes, they're substantially below market value, and, if you're not bidding.

I'll definitely keep you posted.

Tim

• Like 1

I have purchased things here before with no issues...seems to be a well run business. The only costs incurred was the bid amount and shipping. No tax because I live in Arkansas and the items came from elsewhere. No other hidden or obscure charges of any kind. I find their website works well.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Trippigs said:

I have purchased things here before with no issues...seems to be a well run business. The only costs incurred was the bid amount and shipping. No tax because I live in Arkansas and the items came from elsewhere. No other hidden or obscure charges of any kind. I find their website works well.

Good that is what i want to hear, now back to bidding....... radios for me.

This is from the EBTH site:  (In case you are bidding from out of state)

Sales Tax — All sales are subject to appropriate state sales and use tax laws, including, as to Third-Party Listed Items, any state sales tax laws applicable to Seller. Tax exempt buyers must provide the appropriate state sales tax exemption certificate prior to the end of the sale. Upon acceptance and validation of such information by EBTH, your future purchases will not be taxed, provided that you are still eligible for tax exemption. You may be required to update certificates on file periodically as deemed necessary by EBTH. EBTH requires a sales tax exemption certificate for each state in which an exemption is claimed. For more information regarding sales tax exemption, click here.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DizRotus said:

For example, the auction nominally ends at 8pm EDT.  If the high bid for the Khorns remains at $645, a sniped bid at  7:59:55 in the amount of $660 would extend the auction several minutes, effectively negating the power of a last second sniped bid.

I had never heard that before.  Very interesting, I learned something.

I'm hoping some Forum members grab some good stuff at a cheap price.

• Like 1

On 6/28/2017 at 5:07 PM, wvu80 said:

I had never heard that before.  Very interesting, I learned something.

I'm hoping some Forum members grab some good stuff at a cheap price.

I am registered to bid on all of this stuff, and since the pick up spot is less than five miles from me I am sure I will be even more tempted as time ticks down. Hopefully I can grab at least one thing

• Like 1

It's a small sample size, but bargains on the EBTH site are the exception, rather than the rule.  Everything that I was interested in is edging toward market values.  Historically, there is a flurry of bidding at the end, which makes sense.  IMO, there is no reason to bid before the very end.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, teaman said:

I am registered to bid on all of this stuff, and since the pick up spot is less than five miles from me I am sure I will be even more tempted as time ticks down. Hopefully I can grab at least one thing

Good luck with your bidding.  Here's hoping you get some bargains.

• Like 1

I'm sort of with DizRotus on this one. The "bargains" are now nearing fair market value so I am not really counting on anything. I am still bidding on a couple of listings just because they are so close but realistically I can't picture paying those prices for the La Scalas or Khorns when they are in unknown condition. I'm still in on the sub and a couple of pieces of furniture. Haven't made up my mind on the KLF-C7, not sure I have enough of them yet as three are now in service plus an Academy and a KV-4.....lol!

Sincerely Audio Hoarder...

• Like 2

The Khorns went for $2,925; not a bargain, but reasonable for a local buyer.

The La Scalas ended at at $926 after having 5 minutes added when a bid was placed seconds before the end.  I felt like I was watching a soccer game.

Depending on the fees charged by EBTH to the sellers, the sale prices seem favorable to the sellers.  My observations show consistently fair market used prices for items described as "untested," not just "as is," but untested, as in, in might not work at all.

• Like 2

I was naively hoping i would somehow win the khorns around $1500 plus the quoted s&h charge of $350 to get them to KC. Then the only challenge would have been explaining to the mrs what a good deal we got. Both of those ideas seemed too optimistic.

Hopefully they went to a good home.

• Like 2

Yeah, I heard heard rave reviews about the Oppos so I figured under $100 it would be mine. The sub seems like a steal for an SW 15 ii. I used to own the ten and it sounded good so I can only imagine the fifteen sounding better. Since I have my KG series speakers in oak in a HT set up I figure it will blend in better than the KSW12 I have in there now.

@teaman if you won a couple of items for about a hundred bucks you can actually use I think you did great.

Those Khorns were looking pretty good as a deal until a couple of guys got into a bidding war and bid them up $1000 at the last minute.  I know the $3K is still within the fair market price range for Khorns so if they Buyer is going to use them he did OK.

Tim, are you going to sell me one of your Sherbourn SR-120's for a hundred bucks to fund the new items? 

I'm willing to do it if it helps out a friend.  B)

• Like 1

Aww.....sorry Dave, I was going to give you the SR-120 had i won the Khorns and theater chairs for you...dang I missed out..

I have an offer on the table for a pair of Klipsch KP-250's at $200 shipped to me. Fully functional, some scratches and dings and no grills. It is tempting, I have a pair now and I absolutely love the sound that comes out of them.

• Like 1