Power-Amp Speaker Wiring Question...

Hello all,

My question, is can I bi-wire my RB-81 II's to an Onkyo M-506RS amp?  I know, I know, most frown upon or label bi-wiring as a placebo-affect.  I just choose to do so, if I've the speakers and AVR/amp to do so, providing there's no issues with doing so.

Concerning the 506, I was going to "invest" in a integrated for my PC sound setup at some point.  However, I came across a good deal on an Onkyo M-506RS, tested and in near mint condition; two minute scratches on the top-left faux wood panel, otherwise in incredible physical and audible quality that is more detailed/less anemic and has a tad more power than the AVR I was using for speaker output. 

Speaking of that AVR, I'm (re)purposing that Onkyo TX-NR809 as the pre-amp, which works rather well at those duties. 

Due to my space constraints I've no room for floors, so the RB-81's were my speaker of choice and am quite pleased with their performance and especially now.

Thanks in advance for any inputs/direction! 

2.jpg

• Like 1

Hook the wires to the same outputs on the amp.  Don't use an A or B set of connectors if the amp has them.  Run the bi-wire to the high and low of the speaker, removing the straps.

You might like the sound better depending on if you use the same cable for the high vs low sections.  There can be slight differences in cable sounds so it is worth a try for fun.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I don't bother wiring like that but go for it if you want. 

7 hours ago, babadono said:

I don't dare comment as someone here may jump down my throat and remove my rectum.

Well that wouldn't be me, I like you and all but I don't want to know you that well. :laugh:

But I have to say I love VU meters, I think there should be a law to put them on every amp. :emotion-55: (I'm easily entertained) 

COOL meters Sam but bi wire or not, that's alot of power, very nice. :emotion-21:

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, dtel said:

I don't bother wiring like that but go for it if you want. 

Well that wouldn't be me, I like you and all but I don't want to know you that well. :laugh:

But I have to say I love VU meters, I think there should be a law to put them on every amp. :emotion-55: (I'm easily entertained) 

COOL meters Sam but bi wire or not, that's alot of power, very nice. :emotion-21:

LMAO.  Thanks Dtel.