Any way to tighten up tube socket pin sockets?

jimjimbo

10 minutes ago, richieb said:

That's right, now I remember the limited skills you demonstrated. Keep studying young Grasshopper -- 

Well, yes, I can schlep ice, and wash glasses, and make coffee, and, at least I have social skills....

1 minute ago, jimjimbo said:

Well, yes, I can schlep ice, and wash glasses, and make coffee, and, at least I have social skills....

--- looking back yes, you were quite sociable. In a Jimbo sorta way --

Even my wife thought you were a decent fellow. But I have always questioned her taste in men. She married me ---

On 6/28/2017 at 4:46 PM, jimjimbo said:

Yep, that's a hoot!

The hoot is the fact that he bothered showing how to tension a modern socket that almost never needs tensioning. The big offenders are the 8 pin vintage and modern along vintage 9 pin sockets (mostly in high heat output tube locations) which are all different then the socket shown. 

16 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

We'll see.  If momma don't wanna go to Hope I'm shakin.

^ yea I know. I'm just being selfish. You certainly deserve not to be stuck behind the bar full time. But I and I think I can speak for most appreciate your skills and hard work. Not to mention the seemingly endless supply of booze that goes into your martinis that nobody excepting you ever has to pay for.

7 minutes ago, babadono said:

^ yea I know. I'm just being selfish. You certainly deserve not to be stuck behind the bar full time. But I and I think I can speak for most appreciate your skills and hard work. Not to mention the seemingly endless supply of booze that goes into your martinis that nobody excepting you ever has to pay for.

Jim, Richie and Roger all brought something this past year.  My apologies if I left someone out.  I did bring a bunch though.

On 6/29/2017 at 8:28 PM, CECAA850 said:

We'll see.  If momma don't wanna go to Hope I'm shakin.

I had to read Carl's quote in context to get a better idea what he meant.

Bruce

• 2 weeks later...