Any way to tighten up tube socket pin sockets?

jimjimbo

Other than replacing the entire tube socket, is there any way to tighten up the actual individual pin receptacles/sockets within the overall unit?  It's a 9 pin socket for 12AX7's, etc.  I really don't want to have to take that thing out.....

Thank you gentlemen, worked like a charm.  Yes, the 9 pin mini was a bit of a challenge, but not too bad.  This was on one of my tube testers, so it was important to get it right......Now using a socket extender so that I don't have to keep cycling tubes in the primary receptacles.  Thanks again.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, richieb said:

Sorry 'Bo - Moderator Certification takes precedent over Forum Heritage Members. Although you do have my respect, sort of --

Geez, and to think that I pulled up a seat next to you and your lovely wife in Hope, and spent (reluctantly) several hours chatting.....we'll just have to see next year....

• Like 1

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, richieb said:

He has a damn big shaker to fill!

Carl wife says the same thing. :o And he loves it

I doubt we could get the beach bum to even show up, he would have to ask the LF's permission first. 

13 minutes ago, dtel said:

Carl wife says the same thing. :o And he loves it

I doubt we could get the beach bum to even show up, he would have to ask the LF's permission first. 

I doubt he'll be there.  He's all hat and no cattle.  As a side note, if I can finally talk my wife into coming next year I'll be on the fun (less work) side of the bar.  Shaking will be limited.