VRD amps - SOLD

Breakdown7

SOLD

Back on the market is my VRD amps made by Craig Ostby of NOS Valves. I am back and forth on keeping these, but I have two pair and one set needs to go.  These have custom made solid walnut wood bases and upgraded Auricaps. Excellent condition with no issues whatsoever. 60 watts/channel ultra linear or 30 watts/channel in triode, which is switchable on the fly. Each output tube has it's own bias point, which is very handy for maintaining the exact bias of each particular output tube as it ages. I am including a nearly brand new NOS matched quad of SED Winged C 6550 tubes made in the St.Petersburg factory. I just bought these new just last month, and they have no more than 50 hours on them. I personally like these tubes a lot with the VRD's; The original SED Winged C tubes are becoming quite hard to find these days, so this is a nice bonus. Rectifier tubes included are Sovtek 5AR4's, and the small signal 12au7 and 12ax7 tubes are JJ's. I have the original factory boxes from Craig to ship them in safely.  You will love these amps, especially if you've never heard VRD's.  These are sold 

IMG_3016.JPG

That is a lot of amplifier for the money folks... dont hesitate if you are at all apprehensive. I've had my pair for less than 24 hours and it's been audio nirvana ever since they have arrived.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wstrickland1 said:

Oh those walnut cases are a decent match for my new LS2's. This is just an observation B)

it's an INCREDIBLE match top the Heritage speakers., specially the large horn loaded bass variants.

At this price, it's a remarkable value as these amps asking price point belie their true performance.

• Like 2

Anyone interested in a nice pair of VRD's with Auricaps? Maybe it's a bad time of year to sell or something...For those of you unsure or unaware, these amps are incredible value. I personally don't know of anything that can best them for the price of admission, especially used, like this pair. 

On 7/9/2017 at 4:39 PM, mark1101 said:

Hard to believe that these are still around.  Don't find these so easily and with upgrades.  Great price.

Completely agree Mark.  It's not the end of the world if I don't sell them, but I could use the cash more than two pair of VRD's.