Bought some new toys...Heresy III and RT-12D.

Youthman

• Moderators
On 7/4/2017 at 7:45 AM, Youthman said:

Wow, a few years ago, that was crazy talk as I really had no desire to own Heritage only because they looked "dated" and "old school".  I've changed my opinion likely because I'm getting older and have become part of the "old school".  LOL

Yes you're slowly getting old, but that's a good thing. 

I remember when you weren't sure about the LaScalas,  I thought you would like them because I knew you would. The best HT I have heard was all split LaScala's, re going to have bass in a HT anyway so you need clear and realistic midrange and highs and mid bass punch. 

On 7/4/2017 at 7:45 AM, Youthman said:

That's too funny.  That was my wife's and my mother-n-law's decorating ideas.

It was my wife and daughter, probably one of those color charts that help match colors together ? Thought it was strange when they started painting but I got use to, and my last color idea did not work out. I had seen the kind of a burnt orange I liked, but we never could get the right color. 

• Moderators
On 7/2/2017 at 9:44 AM, Rivernuggets said:

Is it better to do tone sweeps for a true comparison?

For me that would do nothing, It's not what I am use to listening to. :huh: I would think it would be easier to hear how each speaker reproduces the sound, but I couldn't translate that to my brain how they sound musically.  Some may be able ? I could hear more bass or Mid's or whatever, as differences but I wouldn't trust that as to the sound I would like.

• 1 year later...

Hi suresh, I am using a Harman Kardon HK3490 (2ch receiver) as a preamp that is connected to an Acurus A200 (200 x 2) amplifier.  I'm not sure what you mean by "What is the refinement and dynamic sound quality when playing music from your floorstanders".

hi i mean like i’m using a pioneer sc-lx88 av receiver. It’s rated at 180 ish watt. I have connected it to a pair of jbl’s 530 . It has a good sound dispersion but still lack refinement. Will bi wiring help it or is it the nature if the jbl’s using the horns

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk