Xilica XP-4080 help using a MacBook Pro for XConsole

Hmmmm getting frustrated...  My Jubilees should be here on Monday.  Needless to say I thought I'd hook everything up to my Heresy III's for the time being to play with the Xilica XP-4080 and REW just to get familiar and be ready.  Unfortunately I'm running from a MacBook Pro and Xilica only provides support for XConsole through Windows on their included USB that comes with the Xilica.  I did find XConsole v9.04 for Mac on Interstate Audio's website so it's up and running, and I'm guessing I'll be ok to do this.  Unfortunately...  I can't talk to my Xilica through USB or the Ethernet connection right now in XConsole.  I know USB won't work until I install the driver, but I can't seem to figure out how to update the front USB port on the Xilica without a windows machine.  Im not sure why the Ethernet isn't working.  So... I'll need some help from those that have figured these awesome Xilica machines out.  I know I know... patience...

I used my Mac to configure my Xilica but, I ran Windows 7 using Parallels. 

I would think the network connections would work. You would have to configure the Mac's Ethernet port to whatever Xilica uses as a default IP address scheme and probably use a hub or switch to connect both devices through. 

Here's one PDF file from Xilica

http://xilica.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Xilica-V3.02-Ethernet-Connect-Manual.pdf 

Mark

• Like 1

That's what No. 4 did for running REW on my suggestion, but in this case (Xilica) I've a feeling that a USB driver connection is something that is related to configuring within the Mac OS itself, i.e., I don't see a reason to buy a separate Windows-based machine for connection with Xilica.  They support Mac OS with XConsole and I assume that means USB, too.

Chris

And Boom!!!!  I'm up and running using a Windows 7 machine I borrowed from a buddy!  Took longer to install the software.  I'll need to call Xilica on Monday to see why my MacBook can't communicate.  I'm sure it's something simple.  Thanks Chris A for your help!

Progress!!!  I manually assigned channels in the Xilica with no crossover settings and my Heresy III's are now biamped and running using their passives.  Big thanks to Chris A for sending me some settings for my Jubilees and how to import some settings- very nice guy!  I'm Jubilee ready and excited for Monday!!!  Huge thanks to my dealer for the Xilica, Parasound A23's, and the Jubilees!!!  

Now I just need to get my basement back together (came home to a broken main pressure control valve yesterday), and for the hearing in my right ear to completely return (scuba complications last Saturday and Sunday while diving in Cozumel).   But believe me the glass is more than half full.  Best vacation ever with my sweet wife- 25th Anniversary!!!  I just think it's comical that my dream speakers are coming while I can't really hear out of my right ear and my basement is in shambles.  First world problems for sure! Thankful for everything!

Stay tuned! — feeling excited.

Got it worked out!  I called Xilica Support and they emailed me the new updated USB driver for the new Mac operating system which was not yet up on their website.  My operating system at the time of this post was macOS Sierra 10.12.5.  Works perfect now.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I bought an XP 4080 to integrate a pair of Tuba subwoofers with my LS II's.  I use a Macbook running the latest Sierra version.  At first the Xilica didn't want to connect at all but after an hour of fooling around, all of a sudden they got connected.  Don't ask me how I did it, but suddenly they connected using an USB cable (A-B).

I also have an Apple Airport Extreme which works as a NAS, hub, router and Wifi station.  I also connected the Xilica with a Cat5/Ethernet cable to this hub.  When I open Xconsole using this cable the program finds the correct IP-addres but it keeps saying the XP is offline.  I prefer this method of connection because then I can make adjustments wireless, while I'm sitting in my favorite listening position.

Anybody suggestions?  @Trentster5172  @Chris A @HPower  Thanks in advance!

When XConsole starts up on my PC laptop (USB connection), I get a dialog box that pops up asking me if I want to connect to the device (Yes, No).  When I select "yes", I'm connected, and reads/writes proceed normally from that point.  If you don't get that dialog on startup using either of your Macs, I'd imagine that there are remaining configuration issues, but since I don't own a Mac or use Ethernet I'll yield to the other two guys' experience that you mentioned, above. 

Chris

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Chris A said:

When XConsole starts up on my PC laptop (USB connection), I get a dialog box that pops up asking me if I want to connect to the device (Yes, No).  When I select "yes", I'm connected, and reads/writes proceed normally from that point.  If you don't get that dialog on startup using either of your Macs, I'd imagine that there are remaining configuration issues, but since I don't own a Mac or use Ethernet I'll yield to the other two guys' experience that you mentioned, above. 

Chris

I get the same as Chris only difference I am using the Ethernet Cable....

I use a MAC for mine but I use the USB. When you log into the Xconsole, be sure to change the connection to USB. Then close the software and try again. I also utilize the Universal version.

I hope this helps. Let me know if I can check anything for you on my side.

Joe

13 hours ago, Cantilope said:

I use a MAC for mine but I use the USB. When you log into the Xconsole, be sure to change the connection to USB. Then close the software and try again. I also utilize the Universal version.

I hope this helps. Let me know if I can check anything for you on my side.

Joe

USB connection is not a problem, so reading or writing with the Xilica is OK.   It is the ethernet connection that is not working.

I watched the Xilica tutorial films and I did exactly what they tell.  Funny thing is that Xconsole displays the exact IP address of the Xilica, so I think there must be a way of communiction between the Xilica and the Macbook.  Still, reading or writing (using ethernet connection) is not possible.