Bone stock original Klipschorn from 1953

j p bourne

I noticed looking through the Forum section that some of you have a singleton of the earlier Klipschorn speakers with the wood covered horns........ Perhaps one of you is looking for a mate? Mine has the 500-5000 crossover , with hand wound coils and the dark cane styled grills. The speaker works fine. The body has been stained in a darker brown finish. My phone number is 1-321-749-seven two five seven if you are interested.

I am more interested in finding the right home vs money received.

Thank you, jpb

former salesman of Klipsch products 1976-81 and have owned all the vintage Klipschs at one time or another.

Located in Florida.

DSC_3932.jpg

DSC_3936.JPG

Edited by j p bourne
have other pics....but site has restricted size
  • Like 1

There was a 1952 Khorn sold on Audiogon in Florida on Oct 15, 2015 in Ft Walton, FL.  I know those were typically sold as singles at that time, and dummy me didn't bother to make a note if it was a single or pair!  That is the only instance of a pre-1960 Khorn being sold that I have seen.

GLWYS

I have a 1952 Klipschorn in original condition that I have been looking for a match for awhile now. Mine is a light colored veneer and unfortunately I live in Washington state. You are quite a few miles away and unfortunately I don't have any plans to come down that way this summer. If you were just a couple of states away I would be very interested.

Tom

1 hour ago, tom b. 57 said:

Wait a minute, I forgot to ask. Do you have an urge to drive to Washington? It's beautiful country.

Tom

Offer a BBQ and a Beer and an overnight stay similar to bed and breakfast for some insider info 

He may be tempted 

Also give the OP a ring - as he may not frequent the forum as much as us 

• 1 month later...

Update-- Sold speaker on eBay---ad specifically said local pick up only. Buyer files complaint that I wont ship. I win case. Buyer was from Taiwan and expected me to ship gratis to California. I guess I either will try again to sell it or find a mate as I have no money invested in it now......... Anyone have a good mate at a fair price?

DSC_3937_2.jpg

DSC_3941_2.JPG

Edited by j p bourne