RECEIVER: Harman Kardon AVR 520

AMPLIFIER: Harman kardon PA4000

DVD: Harman Kardon DVD-50(DD, DTS)

VIDEO: InFocus ScreenPlay DLP Projector

COMPUTER: ProMedia 4.1

c>Microsoft XBOX with Monster cable for that 5.1 Dolby Digitial surroundc>

f>

This message has been edited by m00n on 09-23-2002 at 09:54 PM

moon; have same thing but 2 rsw12.trying to figure out the thing 1 in phase other out of phase sounds louder?.im useing rxv1 yamme.its Lfeout is set at 90hz do i use lowpass enable or disinable lfe mode. one gets the 90hz sent from yamme other gets what ever is set on active crossover.am i right and which is which.and whats best .

steven, i'd put the 2 subs in same spot & set crossovers & phase the same on each or where they sound best. only reason i'd do the crossover is because though yammy uses the idiotic 90hz fixed crossover i think they has sense enough to give you a contol that sends lfe to both fronts & sub (though i suspect what it really does is send low bass to both (not LFE)).

anyway keep experimenting & tweaking to reach bass perfection.

m00n, so you can tell a dif already? cwm35.gif

------------------

My Home Systems Page

I definitly felt more air moving around. I was just blown away at how I could feel the sound waves in the room. I watched The Phantom Menace. The scene were the Jedi first get down to the planet where they first meet Jar Jar binks, well when those toop carrier ships go over head, WOW, that was just amizing.

There is so much subwoofer that it's almost a wastfull shame. I had to turn both volume dials down about the 1:00 position on the subs because the subwoofer was just overpowering everything else. I have to play around with some things and figure out what sounds best.

I set all my speakers to small and set the crossover at 80Hz. However, doing so almost left me with the feeling that I was missing some midrange. I think I just need to get used to it maybe because I had always had my speakers set to large.

------------------

m00nsCinema to be

m00ns current toys

FRONTS: RF-7

CENTER: RC-7

SURROUNDS: RS-7

REAR: RC-7

SUB: RSW-12 / RSW-15

f>

This message has been edited by m00n on 09-23-2002 at 11:06 PM

I am trying to think of something OTHER than explosions that has some good bass in it. Other than the pod race. Oh... I know I still have my netflix copy of Lord of the Rings.

------------------

m00nsCinema to be

m00ns current toys

FRONTS: RF-7

CENTER: RC-7

SURROUNDS: RS-7

REAR: RC-7

SUB: RSW-12 / RSW-15

f>

quote:

Originally posted by jonesey:

Good call, very good call. How bout just using the RSW-15 for a while v RSW-15 and RSW-12. Interesting comparo

I have thought about it, not from a technical reason but just out of curiosity. Do you have a technical reason for suggesting this? Hmmm. You got me thinking...

------------------

Klipsch Gear (Proud to be 100% Klipsch)s>c>

* FRONTS: RF-7* CENTER: RC-7* SURROUNDS: RS-7* REAR: RC-7* SUB: RSW-12 / RSW-15 (feel the sonic waves)c>s>

Harman Kardon Gears>c>

* RECEIVER: Harman Kardon AVR 520* AMPLIFIER: Harman kardon PA4000* DVD: Harman Kardon DVD-50(DD, DTS)s>c>

Video Gears>c>

* InFocus ScreenPlay 110 DLP Projectors>c>

Computer and Game Gears>c>

* PC Speakers: Klipsch ProMedia 4.1* Microsoft XBOX with Monster cable for that 5.1 Dolby Digitial surroundc>

s>f>

jonesey

ya, I have to admit that I was a bit worried about that. Not that I am in any way shape or form a audiofile or anything, but, I had concerns about the fact that they were different size drivers...

However, they seem to sound good so far. But I am going to try it without the 12 and see how it sounds....

Just can't right now... To busy trying to work and be a forum junkie at the same time cwm4.gif

------------------

Klipsch Gear (Proud to be 100% Klipsch)s>c>

* FRONTS: RF-7* CENTER: RC-7* SURROUNDS: RS-7* REAR: RC-7* SUB: RSW-12 / RSW-15 (feel the sonic waves)c>s>

Harman Kardon Gears>c>

* RECEIVER: Harman Kardon AVR 520* AMPLIFIER: Harman kardon PA4000* DVD: Harman Kardon DVD-50(DD, DTS)s>c>

Video Gears>c>

* InFocus ScreenPlay 110 DLP Projectors>c>

Computer and Game Gears>c>

* PC Speakers: Klipsch ProMedia 4.1* Microsoft XBOX with Monster cable for that 5.1 Dolby Digitial surroundc>

s>f>

So the wife and tator tots were not home yet when I got home. Gave me a chance to go thump on the boom cubes for a few minutes...

Don't ever let anyone tell you anything that the RSW-15 is anything less than spectular.... My cheaks were giggling. 9.gif