Ankle surgery, Damn this hurts!

jorjen

• Moderators
11 hours ago, jorjen said:

I am a stickler for "by the book" on this kind of stuff.

Good to hear. 

13 hours ago, jorjen said:

tried to work through the pain for over a year(stubborn SOB that I am)and finally could no longer walk.

I tend to be the same way, it usually causes everything to get worse, you would think I would have learned by now.

Good luck, it will be fine, it just seems really slow when recovering.  Don't overdo it and follow directions, what else can you do but heal.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, dtel said:

Good to hear. 

I tend to be the same way, it usually causes everything to get worse, you would think I would have learned by now.

Good luck, it will be fine, it just seems really slow when recovering.  Don't overdo it and follow directions, what else can you do but heal.

Those above examples are the easy ones to comply with. Sometimes you have to go with your gut on others.

JJK

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/6/2017 at 6:30 PM, oldtimer said:

I don't understand.  What is there besides vinyl?  Morse code?  (dots and dashes, 1's and 0's)  Well, there is tape of a couple of kinds, nothing wrong with that.

Lol! My brother was a Radio Man on a Mine Sweeper, etc. in the Navy from about '59 to '68 . He calls them "Dits and Daws". He can speak in Morse and it is a trip to hear him do it.

Just had my second surgery last Friday and it has been A LOT less painful. Was able to stop the pain meds. after the second day. Turns out that the surgeon may also be able to fix the ankle with three surgeries instead of four.  He seems to think he may have sufficiently restored my arch and can move on from that. Finally some good news of sorts.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/3/2017 at 1:44 PM, jorjen said:

I am a stickler for "by the book" on this kind of stuff. I also never miss a PT appointment and push myself as far as the Therapist will let me. Quickest way back to work with good healing.

I am a firm believer in PT for the quickest way back to complete health. ESPECIALLY when it comes to range of motion stuff.

Thanks Carl!

PT= Physical Terrorism. Been doing PT since I was a toddler and still at it 53 years later! Get better, good friend. Nursing a seriously aggravated case of heel spur and Achilles Tendinitis of my own. Not fun. And getting to deal with orthotists and new AFO braces. And need to find something which fits, and is lightweight, and stays out of the way! PWK style, no Bull****! High efficiency or not at all!  Yes, PT is essential for range of motion and inflammation issues alike.