Jubilees- much bigger sounding than my Khorns and LaScalas- now with REW curves!!! A huge thanks to MetropolisLakeOutfitters and Chris A!!!

(Update- page 3 for REW curves and Xilica settings for my particular room from Chris A)

'm up and running!!! Everything went smooth today with the delivery.  I was listening within an hour.  A great big thanks to Chris A for his knowledge, help and Xilica settings!!!  These things are awesome!!!

Huge thanks to Cory @MetropolisLakeOutfitters it was an awesome purchasing experience.  I ended up talking to him on the phone several times.  Super guy and knows his stuff when it comes to a special order like this.  Since I bought Jubes from him he even gave me a killer deal on the Xilica XP-4080 and a couple of Parasound A23's.  Now that I'm broke, lol, I'm going to retire down to the dojo and have a listen.

My first impression is these things look big and sound concert big.  I was very nervous selling my Klipschorns, but these Jubilees are definitely the next step, and it's not a small step!  The bass kicks you in the chest and they actually dig pretty darn deep into the 30hz range.  Drums are unreal through these things!  

• Like 9

Cool room. Jubs actually look proportional to the room and the corners. 

You might try aiming the K-402s down at the "1" to "1.25" position on the mechanism slide scale on the back of the K-402 stand to move the ceiling reflection point out away from the Jubs a little--which will improve vertical imaging. 

You can also try placing absorption panels/squares on the side walls at the exit of the K-402 or even just temporarily tack up some thick fuzzy material like a blanket or comforter (as we discussed).  This will strongly improve the center phantom image while listening near centerline.

When everything is dialed in, the whole room from wall-to-wall should be a "sweet spot". 

Enjoy! :emotion-21::emotion-19::emotion-29:

Chris

• Like 3

Congrats!

I'm guessing if you're like most, you will disappear for a couple days as you keep listening to your collection thinking da-yum these sound goooooooooooooooood!

Keep the reviews coming

677544[1].gif

icon_cheers[1].png

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Interesting choice of portraits for your theater @Trentster5172... John & Clint. Their movies, that system... if the neighbors aren't there they'll be looking around the corners of their homes to find where the shots came from.

Two of my neighbors helped me get them in the house!  Maybe they'll regret it!

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Trentster5172 said:

Two of my neighbors helped me get them in the house!  Maybe they'll regret it!

I'm guessing you and your neighbors are not right on top of each other.  Perhaps you meant when they go home and fire up the Bose cubes they'll have regrets.

The setup looks great.  Enjoy!

• Like 3

22 hours ago, PrestonTom said:

Congratulations!

You are showing all the symptoms of a new Jubilee owner. You do realize there is no cure and the silly grin on your face will continue. 

I always ask ----- what tunes did you demo your system on?

Bela Fleck- Flight of the Cosmic Hippo

Pink Floyd - Learning to Fly, Time and Coming Back to Life

Black Eyed Peas - Boom Boom Pow

Stone Sour - Zzyzx Rd

B.B. King - How Blue Can You Get from Live at the Regal

Disturbed - Sounds of Silence

Guns and Roses - November Rain

Santana - Maria Maria

Dire Straits - Money for Nothing

Childish Gambino - Redbone

I watched Logan tonight- awesome.  Tried the phantom center but prefer the Heresy III as a center.  Cut the subs at several settings but ended up crossing the Jubes at 80hz for movies in the end.

I listened to the new Imagine Dragons LP, the new Stone Sour LP, Def Leppard Pyromania LP.  For 2-channel I only used the Jubilees- no subs.  They are that good- especially with the LF boost Chris A gave me for my Xilica XP-4080.

Then select Santana, Pink Floyd, Bruno Mars, Rush, 2Pac, Led Zeppelin, etc.

• Like 2