Rear Surrounds and Atmos Speakers

Clint.Asher

Hello Forum!

I've only been a member here a short time and have already received a ton of good help so I thought I'd bounce  a couple of thoughts off the group and get some feedback.  I'm in the process of upgrading my home theater.  I just bought a Marantz SR7011.  I've up graded my front sound stage from Klipsch KF-28s and a KC-25 to KLF-30s and a C-7 (with Crites upgrades on the way for Mid Drivers, Ti tweets and all 3 crossovers).  I have upgraded from R-15Ms to KS-525-THX's for side surrounds.  I am replacing an old pair of Polk Audio monitor 70S with my KF-28s in the rear (Open to feedback and recommendations on if this is okay, or if I need to get better rears).  My current plan is to set a pair if KC-25s on the KLF 30's in the front aimed up to try to match the effect of a pair of RP-140s for front atmos, and do the same thing with the RM-15s on top of the KF-28s in the rear for rear atmos.  It llooks like about a 22 degree angle from what I've read.  Obviously there will be much experimentation.  The Fronts, Center, Side surrounds, and rear surrounds are all being driven by Crown XLS 1502 amps and I intend to use the marantz to drive the atmos, although I do have an older Crown 602 and a Crest (I forget the model) that I can use if the Marants gives me too much grief when reassigning amplifiers.

My room is about 18x30 with a couple of big (about 6') openings in the front wall and a door on the lft wall (usually open) and another door on the rear wall (usually shut).

My questions:

1)  Are the KF-28s good enough for rear speaker duty with my new awesome front sound stage and side surrounds?

a)  If not, what speaker would ya'll recommend that won't get me killed by my wife for "dumping" more money into my set up.

2)  Do ya'll think that I'll have issues with different speaker types for front and rear atmos?

a)  If so, would you get 2 more KC-25s or 2 more R-15Ms.

3)  Will I hear enough from the atmos to warrant buying better speaker for those channels as well? 

Thanks in advance for your time and assistance.  Have a GREAT day!

Clint Asher