Heresy III Questions

MrBell

Hey there Klipsch Community, 

Just ordered a pair of Heresy III Special Edition speakers in East Indian Rosewood for my office.  I will be pairing them with a modest Yamaha A-S501SL integrated amp.  I'm curious what speaker cable I should use? My primary source will be FM (HD) radio but plan to add digital streaming down the line and maybe a "budget" turntable.  

Advice welcome and thanks in advance.  

Chris 

• Like 1

Welcome.  

Prepare to be bombarded with divergent opinions.  Just recall that free advice is often not worth what you paid for it.

I have used Carol 12 gauge stranded copper low voltage exterior lighting cable for years.  It is essentially "zip cord" like that favored by PWK.  It's generally available for ~$0.50/ foot.  It's made to be buried.  In the many decades I've used it there has NEVER been a problem.  Not sure about oxygen-free, but I did once hear the little electrons gasping for air.

Or, you could buy oxygen-free Teflon jacketed boutique cables and little exotic wooden trestles, but then you would have no money left over for music.

• Like 5

54 minutes ago, MrBell said:

Just ordered a pair of Heresy III Special Edition speakers in East Indian Rosewood for my office.

Chris 

Chris-

Even though we all know what your speakers will look like, please post photos; can't be too many photos.

Enjoy your new speakers.

• Like 2

Ditto, "MrBell" , I use the Monoprice or 12/14guage Wire Cord. Both my Forte II's and Heresy III's sound awesome as they are meant to be. BTW, love my Heresy III's, upgrades improved an already stellar speaker. Good luck & enjoy.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, BlueHusky79 said:

Ditto, "MrBell" , I use the Monoprice or 12/14guage Wire Cord. Both my Forte II's and Heresy III's sound awesome as they are meant to be. BTW, love my Heresy III's, upgrades improved an already stellar speaker. Good luck & enjoy.

BlueHusky, 

I'm curious what you power your Hersey's with?  This will be my first 99db efficient speaker and I'm already concerned the Yamaha's 85w amp will be too much.  

Do these speaker sound best with low-powered tube amps?  

Chris 

Edited by MrBell

Congrats on your new Heresies MrBell. I power my Gen 1 and 2 Heresies with Emotiva XPa-2 amps. 300 wpc @8 ohms. Your speakers will be just fine with the 85 watt integrated. They take a lot of peak power and don't need much to get them going. I also use the 12 gauge Monoprice speaker wire and I have never had any problems. 

Tim

In response to your concern of 85 Watts. Our speakers are very efficient & PWK said "If could find true 5 Watts speakers would perform".

Additional power equals purer clarity of recording. My experience has been recordings that heard in past. Whith increase power, hear more details, cow bells, cymbals & fingers sliding across guitar strings for example.

The above is what I believe is the perk of owning Klipsch.

Please let me know if you have any questions now or in future. Enjoy, Jeff

• Like 1

Mr. Bell, with your Yamaha running full tilt, current delivery will be a paltry 3 amps. For perspective, a typical 100W incandescent bulb draws 0.9 amps. Most likely you'll be running your amp at roughly 1W power output (ignoring peaks), especially since the Heresy's are so brutally efficient. In that case, current delivery through your speaker wire will be 0.3 amps, much less than that incandescent bulb!

Just go to the hardware store and get some 16 gauge speaker wire. Spend the money you saved on frou-frou speaker wire by buying music or taking your wife out to dinner.

• Like 2

I spent a lot of time with older Yamaha and Heresy III's.  Ultimately, tubes win by a nose but I think your set up is going to sound as nice as it looks.  Post some pictures when you can and share your thoughts about the sound.

Too much power???  Want to see the two channel overkill of the century using Heresy III's?  Try two Heresy III's hooked through XLR's, to the Xilica XP-4080 and out to three amps!  The two Emotiva XPA-1L mono-blocks are running each 12" woofer in the Heresy's. The Parasound A23 is on mids and highs.  

Too much power??? Nope!!!

I did this the other day while waiting for my Jubilees to show up.

• Like 6

I tried corner loading of my Heresy iii's, but the bass was too much.  12 feet apart and 2 feet from the long wall seems to work best in my room.  Speaker cable is QED silver anniversary given to me by my brother.  I compared this  cable with my previous zip cord but both sound the same to me - I like the look of the QED cable better.

Edited by edwinr