Celebrating 20 Years of Marriage

Youthman

• Moderators

My wife and I recently celebrated our 20th Anniversary down in West Palm Beach.  I'm truly blessed as we are more in love today than ever before.  Here is some footage from West Palm.

• Like 6

• Moderators

Thanks everyone.

7 hours ago, dtel said:

Nice editing and cool song, drone videos get views you could not see any other way.

That's the one thing that I love about flying the DJI Phantom 4.  You get to experience the world from a totally different perspective.  And what I see on my iPad Mini is exactly what you see in the video.  When I was younger, I dreamed of being a pilot.  Now I am one.  LOL

6 hours ago, garyrc said:

We are coming up on our 42ond anniversary next month.  We love each other and our daughter, dearly.  For some it does work!

Congrats Gary to you and your wife!  That's awesome.  I love hearing of marriages that are thriving.  One day I want to be that cute old couple that have been married for 60 years and still act like we are newlyweds. 

33 minutes ago, Tasdom said:

...so does marriage

LOL.  You have a good point there.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Youthman said:

One day I want to be that cute old couple that have been married for 60 years and still act like we are newlyweds. 

My parents made it 72 (or 74, I forget) years.  It was unbelievable.

• Like 1

congrats to you & your bride sir.  it really is great to read/hear/see couples that are able to make it to 20 yrs or more - @CECAA850 your folks,  @garyrc 42 for you & yours.  sometimes seems to becoming more a rarity that it works than that it doesn't.

congrats & best wishes for many many more!

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, willland said:

Congrats my friend, 20 years is a long time for her to put up with you.:P

Haha for sure!

40 minutes ago, -js- said:

sometimes seems to becoming more a rarity that it works than that it doesn't.

This is true.  We just made a commitment from the beginning that divorce is not an option.  My parents split up when I was 7, several remarriages.  I saw first hand how much pain and struggle it brings.  I also prayed for 10 months for God to send me who He wanted me to be with.  I truly believe my wife is an answer to prayer.  I could not have found a more perfect wife for me.

• Like 3

• Moderators

Everything we have been through in life (good, the bad and the ugly) has helped to mold and shape us into who we are today.  It's those past experiences that often help us to become better for the sake of those that will come along behind us.  Our past can either make us bitter or better.  I have made a conscious decision to become better.  I had a great childhood (although it was difficult at times) but I do not ever want my children to have to go through that hurt that I experienced as a child. 

• Like 3