Celebrating 20 Years of Marriage

Youthman

16 minutes ago, Youthman said:

Everything we have been through in life (good, the bad and the ugly) has helped to mold and shape us into who we are today.  It's those past experiences that often help us to become better for the sake of those that will come along behind us.  Our past can either make us bitter or better.  I have made a conscious decision to become better.  I had a great childhood (although it was difficult at times) but I do not ever want my children to have to go through that hurt that I experienced as a child. 

well said.  fwiw - I agree with a number of your points about how the past shapes our present, etc. and improves the future for those who'll stick it out with us.

good words sir.

• Like 1

Ditto, my feelings as well. Especially learning from my past experiences to avoid repeating any dark moments.

My intentions, have always been to provide my daughters with a far more positive, fun and loving childhood. Motivated that my actions will create positive memories for them. That they in turn would build upon & then practice within their own lives and relationships.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Congrats to everyone that has worked towards a terrific relationship with their spouse/best friend.

This September we'll be celebrating our 34th wedding anniversary. Plus celebrating being best friends for 39 years.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

• Like 4

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, BlueHusky79 said:

My intentions, have always been to provide my daughters with a far more positive, fun and loving childhood. Motivated that my actions will create positive memories for them. That they in turn would build upon & then practice within their own lives and relationships.

You sound like you are indeed the great father you are striving to be. 

I've seen the "best friend" metioned here several times.  I think this is key to a great marriage.  My wife started out as friends.  We went on "dates" together and for the first month, all we did was hold hands.  We enjoyed simply being with each other.  I'm confident we will not experience the empty nest syndrome because our children are a HUGE part of our lives but they are not our lives in it's entirety.   We still do date night once a month, just she and I, leave the 4 kids at home.  It doesn't matter what we do, it's just the point of being together that matters.

• Like 4

• Moderators
33 minutes ago, Ole Dollar said:

You know you have a great wife when part of the celebrating was this years Klipsch Pilgrimage. She is my best friend.

Absolutely!  Congrats to your 25

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dtel said:

There seems to be a trend going on here, what it means I have no idea? :(

It means that we are all about the same age and all have a knack for finding women with questionable judgement when it comes to men.

• Like 2

• Moderators
40 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

It means that we are all about the same age and all have a knack for finding women with questionable judgement when it comes to men.

Absolute BEST comment of the year!  Way too funny...probably because it's true.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Congrats Yewt.  Keep it up:rolleyes:

Vinny: Is it possible that the two youts--
Judge Haller: Uh, the two what? Uh, uh, what was that word?
Vinny: Uh, what word?
Judge Haller: Two what?
Vinny: What?
Judge Haller: Did you say "yutes"?
Vinny: Yeah, two youts.
Judge Haller: What is a yute?
Vinny: Oh, excuse me, Your Honor, two youths.

:)

• Like 1

• Moderators
7 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Could be it, or slow learners ?

Congratulations to everyone, look around, there are way too many loons out there now, it's now mostly the "what can you do for me" attitude.