Are Heresy cabinets sealed? They have an R stamp

My very first Klipsch speakers! Found a pair of Heresys at Goodwill:P. One has a serial number,  8436520, 1984, week 36, according to other posts and forums.

The rear panels have Phillips screws that do not look original, and there is no sign of any sealant between the cabinet and rear panel: should there be?

Also, the rear edge of the cabinet is stamped with a capital "R", guess that implies repair or rebuild? Date codes on the woofer and squawker drivers is 8434, but I cannot figure out a code on the tweeters (marked K77, 431, and 11_824_137). 

Just FYI, woofs are K-22-K, squawks are K-53-K, networks are E2. Everything seems to work OK.

Many thanks in advance!

If original there is no seal but I think there should be . I have sealed mine as others here have. I also reinforced the back panel on the inside by adding a layer of ply wood to it. Just a little smaller so it still fits into the cabinet.

Probably should refresh the capacitors also.

I wish I could find a pair at goodwill...how much did you get these babies for?

Many thanks for the replies, and I apologize for not responding sooner. This forum is truly a wealth of information, so much the better by having real experts contribute.

As for cost of these speakers, it is embarrassing to say. They were virtually a giveaway, and I just happened to be in the right place at the right time.

The eventual fate of these speakers is uncertain. They were an unplanned purchase, so where do I put them? The cabinets need a lot of attention for appearance, even then, might not restore to original finish. Changing caps is good advice, and that’s the easy part!

Maybe I will change the finish and stamp them with my “H” for hillbilly!

Thank you all!