dirtmudd

p14129654_b_v8_aa.jpg

It's 1983 and the crack cocaine epidemic is in its infancy in Los Angeles. Ambitious Lucia -- the daughter of a Mexican crime lord who sells marijuana throughout the city -- sees the burgeoning cocaine business as a potential moneymaker, so she manipulates her family into entering the more dangerous and profitable territory than pot. Getting involved with the new drug is setting her on a violent collision course with the likes of Franklin, a young street entrepreneur on a quest for power, and former Mexican wrestler Gustavo, who is caught up in a power struggle within a crime family. Also getting involved in the cocaine trade is CIA operative Teddy, who is running from a dark past and begins an off-book operation to fund Nicaraguan Contras. Oscar-nominated director John Singleton ("Boyz N the Hood") co-created the drama series and says he drew inspiration from his own life for Franklin's story.

• Like 2

Snowfall Soundtrack - FX

By g0u1d1e1

Playlist of music from the TV Show includes RUN DMC's 'It's Tricky', Mesosphere by Oscar Hill from the trailers and hits from 1983 - updated when the show starts

43 SONGS

PLAY ON SPOTIFY
  1. 1.
    It's TrickyRun–D.M.C.  Raising Hell

3:03
  2. 2.

2:44
  3. 3.

4:53
  4. 4.
    Sexual HealingMarvin Gaye  Midnight Love

3:58
  5. 5.
    Rock the Casbah - RemasteredThe Clash  Combat Rock

3:42
  6. 6.

3:35
  7. 7.
    Stray Cat StrutStray Cats  Built For Speed

3:18
  8. 8.
    Ego Trippin' (MC's Ultra Remix)Ultramagnetic MC's  Critical Beatdown

2:32
  9. 9.
    Pass The Dutchie - Original 7" VersionMusical Youth  Anthology

3:24
  10. 10.
    Hungry Like The Wolf - 2009 Remastered VersionDuran Duran  Rio [Collector's Edition]

3:40
  11. 11.
    Beat It - Single VersionMichael Jackson  Thriller 25 Super Deluxe Edition

4:18
  12. 12.
    Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This) - RemasteredEurythmics  Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of This)

3:36
  13. 13.
    New Year's DayU2  The Best Of 1980 - 1990

4:17
  14. 14.
    Rock The BellsLL Cool J  Radio

4:00
  15. 15.
    You Can't Hurry Love - 2016 RemasteredPhil Collins  Hello, I Must Be Going! (Deluxe Edition)

2:55
  16. 16.
    Jam On ItNewcleus  Jam On Revenge

6:23
  17. 17.

3:44
  18. 18.
    P.S.K. 'What Does It Mean'?Schoolly D  Best Of Schoolly D

6:29
  19. 19.
    Peter PiperRun–D.M.C.  Raising Hell

3:23
  20. 20.
    Little Red CorvettePrince  4Ever

3:08
  21. 21.
    GuajiraSantana  Santana (III)

5:43
  22. 22.
    Every Breath You Take - Remastered 2003The Police  Synchronicity

4:13
  23. 23.
    Bad Times (I Can’t Stand It)Captain Rapp  Magic Disc Records- West Coast Rap-thology

5:35
  24. 24.

4:15
  25. 25.

4:39
  26. 26.
    Love Is A Battlefield - 2005 Digital RemasterPat Benatar  Greatest Hits

4:10
  27. 27.

4:04
  28. 28.
    I Ain't No JokeEric B. & Rakim  Paid In Full

3:52
  29. 29.
    Paul RevereBeastie Boys  Licensed To Ill

3:40
  30. 30.
    True - 2003 Remastered VersionSpandau Ballet  True (Special Edition)

6:33
VIEW ALL ON SPOTIFY
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

I watched the first episode last night.  Who was the character that the wrestler killed?

I'm not sure..I hope this helps...find out more tonight..

In 1983 Los Angeles, 19-year old Franklin Saint watches his favorite wrestler, Gustavo '"El Oso" Zapata, lose a high-stakes match. Afterwards, Oso, who works as a cartel enforcer on the side, is given a new job by his contact. Saint also has a side job selling marijuana on his uncle's behalf, without his mother's knowledge. After CIA officer Logan Miller overdoses on cocaine, fellow operative Teddy McDonald learns that he was running a secret drug ring out of his mansion in order to fund foreign insurgents. McDonald covers up Miller's death, while Oso learns that the job involves committing burglary. McDonald asks his superiors to let him take over Miller's operation. Saint persuades a dealer to let him try selling crack in his neighborhood, but his uncle refuses to help him. During the job, Oso is forced to kill a man in self-defense. Saint's aunt takes him to her old boss Claudia, who agrees to sell the coke so long as he brings her more tomorrow. On the way home, Saint sees his homeless father walking along the street, but refuses to stop and talk to him.

4 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

So it was "a man".  I guess he added nothing to the story line other than someone to kill.

don't know yet....story line from 3 different perspectives..

Oso, who works as a cartel enforcer on the side, is given a new job by his contact. 

this is all that's known so far..we will see tonight..

20 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

don't know yet....story line from 3 different perspectives..

Oso, who works as a cartel enforcer on the side, is given a new job by his contact. 

this is all that's known so far..we will see tonight..

I was referring to the person who was killed.  I wasn't sure if he'd ever tie into the story or not.

21 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

I was referring to the person who was killed.  I wasn't sure if he'd ever tie into the story or not.

he's tied in somewhere..he was being robbed...the cartel had it out for him...and what it is unknown at this point...

Just now, dirtmudd said:

he's tied in somewhere..he was being robbed...the cartel had it out for him...and what it is unknown at this point...

Then if you're not sure either, that means I didn't miss the tie in somehow which is what I was afraid of.  I'll try to catch tonight's episode at 9.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Derrick said:

The guy that was killed was a member of their cartel family. They killed one of their own by accident in the robbery. Not good 

And they were ripping off the head of the crime family which was the boyfriends father correct?

• Like 1