Lost our home to fireworks!!!! Updated...

jorjen

10 minutes ago, Schu said:

I am just curious... what did you do with the burned Klipschorn cabinets?

Nothing I could do with them Schu except toss them. My third set of Khorns since my Klipsch love affair began in '73.

Unfortunately, I think this probably marks the end of builds, refurbs and restorations for me as well. Lost all my tools and supplies, waaay too much to replace to continue at my previous level. Time to sit back and enjoy what I have.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jorjen said:

Unfortunately, I think this probably marks the end of builds, refurbs and restorations for me as well. Lost all my tools and supplies, waaay too much to replace to continue at my previous level. Time to sit back and enjoy what I have.

Dude i was just thinking about you the other day and wondering how things panned out after the fire.  Glad to hear that you’re getting back on track.  Rebuilding after tragedy can be a rough and lengthy process.  Stay positive my friend.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jorjen said:

Nothing I could do with them Schu except toss them. My third set of Khorns since my Klipsch love affair began in '73.

that sucks... I am sorry for all your loss' not just the Klipschorns.

I was wondering because they didn't turn to ash, so there is some structure to the cabinet. I would want to see if I could steel wool them and make them functional... but keep the torched appearance.

16 minutes ago, Schu said:

that sucks... I am sorry for all your loss' not just the Klipschorns.

I was wondering because they didn't turn to ash, so there is some structure to the cabinet. I would want to see if I could steel wool them and make them functional... but keep the torched appearance.

Just not possible Schu. Too much damage not visible in the pictures. Not tooting my own horn but If I could not bring them back to life nobody could.

I was doing a restoration and enclosed backs on this particular pair. Never shared pictures, etc. in a thread. I will do so in Tech. and Mods.

24 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

I hope things are better for you lately.  Did you notice a chang after enclosing the backs?

Thanks Neil, we are doing well.

Never got to listen to them or even install the Crites CW1526C woofers for that matter. Wish I had the chance.