Help with hooking up CA-800-tsw with aw-650

dks

Hi Everyone,

I recently purchased a ca-800tsw to improve my outdoor set up.  Looking at the instructions, it says to hook the AVR up to the sub and then daisy chain it from one speaker to the next.    Unfortunately, this pic is assuming that I have a set of ca-650s, which I do not.  I have aw-650s which have a different  set up on the back.  How would I set these up?  Would I still daisy chain it?  Should I power the sub through a separate amp (which I have) and hook that up to the my AVR.  If so, what steps would I take to do that?  My amp is an old Audiosource Amp 100.   If I had the option of doing both, which one would sound better.  This setup is primarily for music and podcasts, but I also put on outdoor movies during the summer for my kids and neighbors.  

Thanks in advance,

Doug

247-2022_ALT_3.jpg

kli-aw-650_pair_wht-2_1.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm sure it isn't a big deal, if you are experienced in wiring multiple speakers. I am not. My experience is limited to routine right channel to right channel, left channel to left channel.

What I want to do is use either 4 - AW650s or 6 - AW525s and one CA-800-TSW. When visiting with my local Klipsch dealer, he suggested running separate wires for each speaker. That seems like a bit of an overkill to me. I have since found information for the AW-800-SW. It is discontinued. But, the terminals on it are exactly what I want and would greatly simplify my installation. Am I correct or no?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, EAT07Z06 said:

I'm sure it isn't a big deal, if you are experienced in wiring multiple speakers. I am not. My experience is limited to routine right channel to right channel, left channel to left channel.

What I want to do is use either 4 - AW650s or 6 - AW525s and one CA-800-TSW. When visiting with my local Klipsch dealer, he suggested running separate wires for each speaker. That seems like a bit of an overkill to me. I have since found information for the AW-800-SW. It is discontinued. But, the terminals on it are exactly what I want and would greatly simplify my installation. Am I correct or no?

Please check the answer by @billybob

13 minutes ago, billybob said: