Avr help

Hamwich

Need help with picking a receiver to power this set up I'm looking at getting later this year. I want to pick up:

4 - RP-280FA

2 - RP-250S

1 - RP-450CA

1 - RP-115SW or RP-112SW

I've only ever used pioneer elite receivers, but I know there are other options out there. I do want one that has all of the newer capabilities with atmos, dts_x, and others. 

Should i I wait until the next version of hdmi capabilities come out next year?

Thank you for any help. 

Welcome to the forum, if you want to leave your AVR's in the dust you could buy this set up from the Garage Sale section:

Lots of real power that will most likely tell you never to return to an AVR!

Tim

I own four AVR's right now but none have Atmos, first of all I'm not going to cut holes in my ceiling and second 7 speakers are plenty. There are plenty of AVR's ready to launch with the new Atmos, HDMI whatever but make sure you buy something that actually sounds good. There are a helluva lot of bells and whistles you will probably never use....that you are still paying for. I would suggest sampling a few to see what you like. Yamaha makes some nice ones, and the reliability is great, not sure you need 56 surround sound modes though. The Onkyo/Integras are very nice but you can heat a small room with them as well, if that's what you are into.

I would always suggest separates. Get yourself a nice amp with some real power and pair it to a nice flexible pre/pro. Best bang for the buck is always going to be the AVR but I have only found one receiver I like and they no longer make it.

Check out Emotiva.com for their XMC-1 or UMC-700 pre/pro (Depending on your budget) and a multi channel XPA series amp....all you will ever need. Knowing what your budget is will probably help us to help you!

Tim

I am running an SC 99 that does great with Atmos and not short on Power.  Marantz, Yamaha, Denon and Onkyo all have good stuff.  Just pick your correction system and most of the rest is pretty similar. There is no one best.    You need to try an demo a few.  All of the Flagship models will have HDMI next generation, bluetooth, etc.

Well I'm not trying to spend a fortune but at the same time I don't want to spend 1,000 on something if I could spend a little more for the right equipment if you catch my drift. The speakers themselves are gonna cost me a few grand. So I don't want to spend a ton more, but I also want to go cheap and waste my money either. 

11 minutes ago, Hamwich said:

I guess if I had to put a total on it I don't want to spend more than $5000 and that's with buying a tv too.

$5000 with a tv and the speakers?

280-F (4 x 600) $2400
RP-250S x (2 x 424) $848
RP-450CA $850

RP-115SW $900

Speakers alone are $4998

My recent purchase was Marantz 7703, retails $2200 but I got it for $1500 off the intered-nets. 

Klipsch forum garage sale page, AVS forum classified, Emotiva Emporium, Audiogon, eBay and Craigslist are all good places to look for the really good, can't pass up deals. Even some companies and Amazon have pretty steep discounts on this stuff from time to time. 

I would say pick maybe 3 different models you are interested in and then price watch and shop around for the next 6 months until you find one at least 30-40% off base retail price. 

With CyberMonday, the holidays coming up, you should be able to find something.

I have a Marantz 7011 that is incredible.  I still have a ton to learn about it.  I'm running it into a bunch of Crown power amps although I don't really need to.  I have them so I'm using them.  Plus they take my theater experience from awesome, to the next level.  The 7011s predecessor is the 7010.  It has most of the features and will be cheaper if you can find one.  Comparison here:  https://receiversevaluate.blogspot.com/2016/12/marantz-sr7011-vs-sr7010.html

If I had it to do over again I think I would have gone the separates route as that is essentially what I'm doing now anyways.  I'm just kind of using the 7011 as a pre-amp.  I will be using its internal amps other hdmi outputs to provide video/sound in other rooms in the future.  Good luck!

Well I was looking at this denon receiver. 

• Model: AVR-X6300H

And was probably going to try to purchase as much as possible from Best Buy because I have a ton of gift cards and reward points that will total near $1,000 by December this year. So when I'm looking at the equipment I'm hoping to see big deals and then use my bonus stuff to get even better deals.