Experience with getting amplifiers repaired?

BluBitRates

I recently got a sunfire symphonic reference preamp and amp vintage 2002.  The preamp sounds awesome!  The amp has low distorted output.  Upon pulling the cover i see two burnt resistors and a blown fuse on the main board, which is not easy to access and tough but doable to pull out (have not nor will not try this).  These are the affordable sunfire seperates and there are not parts available.  Has anyone with a similar issue had their amp repaired without just getting a new board?  Someone referred me to a repair guy who's bench fee is $75 which is okay if he can repair it but i would rather just sell it for parts if this sounds like a really tough repair.  

25 minutes ago, jjptkd said:

Have you contacted Bill Flannery? He's the go to guy for Sunfire repair.

http://www.flannerysvintageaudio.com/

From the website:

Please feel free to call me at 425-232-9560 or email me at sunfirebill1@gmail.com

I saw his website and i have good faith that he would be the one to fix it, but this is not a sunfire signature grand.  Not sure i want to put $450 into it getting it fixed.  The person i was going to take it to would be local when i visit my parents which i do almost monthly.  I am not sure of his expertise but he recently did a recap of a hk 730 for a forum member here