Which receiver should I get for RP-280F?

sidhu88

I am looking for ward to buy a new home theatre system and I would like to start small.

I am planning to buy 2.1 system first and then upgrade gradually to 5.1. Now I chose to purchase 2*RP-280F and sub RP-115SW.

But I can't find the right sub or the sub which other guys using with this system is too expensive!

My question is can DENON AVR-X3300W can support this system plus my future build? This is an affordable one for me and on discount now. Another option is Marantz SR-5011. There is a second hand Denon AVR-X4200W available which is now discontinued.

I would prefer to go to AVR-X3300W but I am not sure I am under powering the system onece upgraded to 5.1.

Need advice on this please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum.  First, there is no magic sub to pair with your speakers and the one you have is excellent.  Most avr's  with a 125 watts per channel will drive the speakers and the ones you mention are OK.  Denon, Yamaha, Marantz, Pioneer and others will do a good job.  Try to audition some avr's in the store  or at home to decide which is best for you.  There is no dominant avr as I see things.  All the brands have their fans.

Welcome to the forum.  First, there is no magic sub to pair with your speakers and the one you have is excellent.  Most avr's  with a 125 watts per channel will drive the speakers and the ones you mention are OK.  Denon, Yamaha, Marantz, Pioneer and others will do a good job.  Try to audition some avr's in the store  or at home to decide which is best for you.  There is no dominant avr as I see things.  All the brands have their fans.

Thanks for your reply. Yes of course. I just ordered Denon AVR-X3300 and hopefully will get it this Saturday. Was on a prime deal for 599 Euros. Usually 999 and now in some websites for 700. But 599 is a good value. Now awaiting all the components to reach home.

• Like 2

Both the Denon and Marantz are good choices. I have been a Marantz fan for many years so would be inclined to lean towards it. You will have more than enough power for most rooms and still have the option of adding more through the preouts down the road should you find it needed.

• Like 1

Both the Denon and Marantz are good choices. I have been a Marantz fan for many years so would be inclined to lean towards it. You will have more than enough power for most rooms and still have the option of adding more through the preouts down the road should you find it needed.

Is there an option in Denon - AVR-X3300W for pre out?