Cherry 12" R-112SW

RTR

Everything I have is cherry. My furniture, my center, my back speakers, my Forte III 's coming in. I have an old sw-12 in black.  I've wanted cherry since I started on Klipsch. Did not know they made Cherry subs.  It's not in cherry on Klipsch.com.  All Amazon has is the 12 in cherry.

Finger is over buy buy button now.  Why was I bored and looking on Amazon?..

1 minute ago, RTR said:

Everything I have is cherry. My furniture, my center, my back speakers, my Forte III 's coming in. I have an old sw-12 in black.  I've wanted cherry since I started on Klipsch. Did not know they made Cherry subs.  It's not in cherry on Klipsch.com.  All Amazon has is the 12 in cherry.

Finger is over buy buy button now.  Why was I bored and looking on Amazon?..

Yea, why did you have to post this?????????

• Like 1

Like the Cherry look, didn't know they offered anything other than black with this line. Link says $649 now..

The 15" versions have gone on sale twice that I know about at fry's for $400 and $420 with a normal price of $899, makes me wonder what cost is on products like these?

Looks like the wrap that's on my RP-450. Let you know Friday. That's when they are scheduled to be delivered.  I like the cherry better. Though I wish it was real wood like the Hersey's.

I'm an old guy, I like the cherry better than the black in the premiere line.  Did not know they made subs in cherry. They are not in cherry at Klipsch.com. Amazon says it's a new item, first available on May 31, 2017.  I mean in cherry.

You know I had black vinyl wrapped RF-3's recently next to my black real wood veneer RF-5's and from a few feet away and especially the listening position it was impossible for me to tell the difference. Cherry color might be a bit easier to discern I don't know, never had cherry vinyl wrap that I can think of this early in the AM.

• Like 1

On 7/11/2017 at 5:06 PM, jimjimbo said:

How would this mate with La Scala's, Khorns?  seems like quite a deal.

music only

I bought the 15" version to go with the Belles I got from you. I'm telling you these subs are fairly bad ***. Actually they are very bad ***. I'm holding on to it for a rainy day. The way I look at it to get something of equal performance I'd have to spend a lot more that I could sell it for and for home theater they will absolutely smoke a RSW 15. The only issue I have (and it's a very small issue) is that I can detect just a bit of cabinet or possibly port noise when listening to music. I really think it's the cabinet but it's very slight & hardly noticeable. Actually it may be something else. It's the only sub in my house that will rattle dishes in the kitchen. That includes dual RSW 15's, a P312w and a Martin Logan Depth.

That being said, get you a couple of P312's

• Like 1

It's a wrap. The same as the cherry wrap as the rest of the RP series. To me, it looks a lot better than the black. I've wanted this since I got some RP speakers to match. Never understood why these weren't offered before with everything else in the RP series offered in black and cherry.

I was wondering if this was a test run to see if there is a market for these.  Ive only seen them in the 12" model. The Amazon description said it was first offered 5/31/2017. Maybe if they like the response to these, they will offer in the 10" and 15" models.

It was definitely an impulse buy. Wasn't looking, saw them on prime day with 31minutes left. Need to stay off internet sometimes. But, I'm happy with these. Love cranking it up and watching the copper woofer moving. The cherry with black accents and grill really pops.

Only complaint is the way the grill attaches. It has to be lined up perfectly then tapped on the studs. I would have thought these would have the same magnetic attachment as the rest of the RPSeries. Really a pain to attach.

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 10:57 AM, wstrickland1 said:

I bought the 15" version I'm telling you these subs are fairly bad ***. Actually they are very bad *** for home theater they will absolutely smoke a RSW 15. It's the only sub in my house that will rattle dishes in the kitchen. That includes dual RSW 15's, a P312w and a Martin Logan Depth.

That being said, get you a couple of P312's

I've never heard these new subs but have had several of the RSW-15 / 12 / 10 models and they are the absolute best subwoofer line I've ever heard for music. They don't really play low enough for home theater, especially the 10" version but the bass is so clean, fast and detailed it is pretty amazing.

I had an RSW-15 up against the Klipsch Ultra-2 subs and the 2's easily bested the 15 in total output and low bass response but the 15 was noticeably tighter, cleaner sounding.

just found it at newegg for $549 but it includes a wireless kit

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA2GA5UT5225&ignorebbr=1

is this the exact same subwoofer?

regarding the warranty it says this

• Warranty
  • Limited Warranty period (parts): 2 years
  • Limited Warranty period (labor): 2 years

2 years only?

add $64.99 for 3 year warranty

$94.99 for 4 years

$50.78 tax for me. suddenly, this is not a good deal

$549 at Amazon also. Since this is a fulfilled by Amazon, it might not charge you tax, depending on where you're located. He warranty, I don't know. I never buy them. I figure I'm way ahead since I never buy warranties. 

Mine came from Huppins ( or I think one call) no taxes.

IMG_0017.thumb.PNG.f42d7ef520fb71e2e8c1b8da60d9c9f9.PNG