Eclipse Aug 21st Where will you be?

babadono

On 7/15/2017 at 6:23 PM, dwilawyer said:

I will be at an undisclosed location in the Northwest. 

Matt at Klipsch has arranged an even bigger event for 2024, the Great EKLIPSCH.  It will commemorate the 7th Anniversay of the Klipsch Museum of Audio History.   There will be a total EKLIPSCH over the Museum in Hope AND he Klipsch HQ in Indy.

The duration will be twice as long as the one this year.

Travis

VERY Cool!!!!!

I'll either be in Spring City, TN or near my mountain property in Luminary (Har! Har!). 

• Like 1

One thing to look for as the eclipse is happening, no matter if you are in the path of totality or not, is the crescent shapes you can see through shadows cast by trees and bushes as the moon passes in front of the sun. It won't get totally dark, more like dusk, and your shadow will still look like it does at noon, short not long. It will also be cooler than normal for this time of year.

Totality here in KC. And I mean Dark - as in complete cloud cover. Of course the news Beagles are swarming, a crew was in St. Joe, MO in the path for 100%, holding umbrellas as the rain came down. Interviewed several people from Europe and Australia who made the trek for the dampened event. I'm saving my luck for Wednesdays drawing when I become rich and famous like Carl.

According to a chart I looked at over the weekend I was in a 98% sunblock region, my brother down at Clemson had 100% he said they saw the corona and it was dark except around the complete horizon. Had a cloud or two, that probably saved my phone camera. We watched on a piece of typing paper inside a shoebox, and with a colander held a couple feet off the ground. Shadows through the trees were fascinating, and it's still erie looking outside now 40 minutes later. Our 98% topped out at 2:41, first shadows at 2:27 second at 2:40 a cloud came right after that. Note the difference in the crescents on the car hood.

2.27.jpg

2.40.jpg