SOLD: Klipsch THX Ultra2 7.2 set - Plainfield, IL 60585

opusk2k9

6 hours ago, InVeNtOr said:

Friday the 13th bump....

so, just asking....when it comes to shipping do you have a FedEx account? it's free, i have one and it saves me a ridiculous amount.  i believe i shipped my LPA-1 amp for $30-40?

just throwing it out there....

Thanks InVeNtOr for the info on the FedEx account discount. 

I only have the sub boxes, but at 80 lbs I am concerned that they might have a bumpy ride.

There are also 10 items to be shipped and only the surrounds could likely be boxed together.

The only pair of speakers I had shipped to me were damaged in shipping.  It was shipped at a FedEx shipping office, they should have rejected them, since they were very poorly packed.  It was a real hassle to get reimbursed.  He shipped them and so FedEx will only pay the shipper the damages, even though the recipient payed for them.  For me to get paid, the shipper had to sign a waiver allowing FedEx to pay me.  He went dark and stopped responding to me.  Luckily, I paid by paypal and filed a dispute, he didn't bother to respond to them either, so I got 1/2 the money back which was more than the $100 max from FedEx.  Also, it was his money this way and not from the shipping insurance.  The whole process took about 3+ weeks.

I am willing to drive a couple hours to meet someone though.  I always prefer people get to listen to them though.

I may consider dropping them off at a FedEx office for someone to ship on their account.

oh...yeah...um....that sucks.  i've even heard nightmares about the pallet shipping method.  i had Jason (on here) build some custom subs for my client and they were damaged, on a pallet! well, the company said Jason didn't package them "enough" and my client now has banged up subs.  so, yeah i get it.  i actually didn't even think about the fact you will have so many boxes.  it's like when i saw "7.2" i couldn't do the math! my bad. well, for smaller items or maybe not quite as few, the FedEx account is a great way to save money!

GLWTS!

I nearly always drive (even when it is further than I should).

Yes, 9 speakers plus the sub amp and sub cables, so 9-10 boxes. 

I have purchased a few things from here that were very well packaged and arrived in perfect condition.

There is an advantage to FedEx packing them in store, they can't blame the packer, they have to cover the damages.

I work at a government lab and they won't allow us to buy shipping insurance when sending something, government policy.

Therefore, we sometimes will ship things freight (on a pallet), since the freight insurance is automatic.

We had a piece of equipment shipped from Europe.  It required a special cargo plane.  Of the 10 crates, I think 6 had the shock indicators tripped and 4 of them tipped over.

This included the most expensive piece, that needed returned for repairs.  It took about 8 months to get it back.

Thanks for the info. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Great CL ad, good write up, plenty of the right kind of pictures.  I can only imagine these haven't sold yet because most people don't put up $4400 as a chunk for used gear, but it's not what you pay, it's what it's worth.  Those are worth every bit the asking price.

Those speakers all look brand spanking new.  If there is a flaw anywhere, I sure couldn't see it.

Someone somewhere is looking for those.  GLWYS.

This is a great system !  

Pound for Pound 

Inch for Inch

Ease of set up and flexibility !

I can go from 3 MCM's or 5 Lascala's to these for Movies and not be let down 1 bit 

They do need Power and a huge room could be problematic I've read .

They are nice looking and well built.

This is a steal !

On 1/11/2018 at 4:47 PM, dmb12679 said:

I'm right down the street, I still look at this ad and try and figure out a way.  I'd have to trade my wife for them, cause she'd leave me if I brought them home.  GL with the potential buyers hopefully coming in.

Post some pictures of her.  You never know.............................

• Like 2