Cornwall III vs. Forte III

GreenGoose

I have been researching both the Cornwall III and Forte III for a few months.  I've read every review of each I can find on each.  I have no way to listen to both sets of speakers locally.  I want speakers for mainly classic rock and country music in my my Game Room which is 28'X22'. I just purchased a Peachtree Audio nova300 amplifier to pair with the speakers.  They are close enough in cost to where that's not an issue.  Which speakers should I get?  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, GreenGoose said:

I have been researching both the Cornwall III and Forte III for a few months.  I've read every review of each I can find on each.  I have no way to listen to both sets of speakers locally.  I want speakers for mainly classic rock and country music in my my Game Room which is 28'X22'. I just purchased a Peachtree Audio nova300 amplifier to pair with the speakers.  They are close enough in cost to where that's not an issue.  Which speakers should I get?  

Choose between your favorite veneer/grill options. What do you like?

1 hour ago, GreenGoose said:

A few weeks ago I had the opportunity to A/B the Forte lll and the Cornwall lll.  Speaker switching box, with the same gain on each speaker.

The difference was jaw-dropping.  Disregarding price, the CW lll just smoked the Forte lll  IMHO  

tc

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

Both

What are you using now?

I'm not using anything in the game room now.  It's new.  In my living room I currently have RP-280FA fronts, RC-64II center, CDT-5800-C II surrounds and R-115SW sub on an Anthem MRX720.  I love this setup for movie watching.  I would like something from the Heritage series for music in the game room. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, IB Slammin said:

It means that the CW sounded very much better to me and another forum member.

tc

No I am serious.  No sarcasm intended at all.  Better, meaning what exactly?:unsure:  Bigger sound, better imaging/soundstage, more detailed, more punch, more natural.

Bill

• Like 1

Which midrange horn do you prefer? This and the other attributes are so close that I think it comes down to personal preference. Maybe there is a dealer close by that will let you hear both in your room. Barring that, I would choose the Forte III because I am original owner of the Forte II. A Cornwall owner could justify the Cornwall III just as easily...

20 hours ago, IB Slammin said:

Bill,

Can't respond. Seems to disappear after a few lines........  How could that be? Is Marketing looking in ????    Just kidding.    Will try later.

tc

Another try.....

Both were placed 8-10' from the wall. No corner or wall gain. 

The Forte sounded more subdued. Top to bottom.  A little "polite" for my taste. Like a speaker that I would use in my office or bedroom.

The CW was robust. Much larger sound. Tight and fast LF. Top to bottom "in your face".

Can't comment on Imaging for ether.  CW having a larger soundstage.  Detail was nice in both speakers.

tc

• Like 1

Without hearing both..at the same time. I am trolling without a motor but I am willing to learn. 

I have had a few sets of Forte I and II. I have, happily, moved them all over rooms to find their 'home' spot. When right, the Forte can produce a full sound stage, < that means a lot. The Forte used to dig deeper than the Cornwall (AND, all other Klipsch) and the Cornwall never was known for their overpowering mids. 

Deepening the bass, correcting the mids and sharpening the highs with Ti, should make Cornwalls ready to school the Forte3 ..and many others.

Chorus II VS Chornwall3, anyone?  

• Like 1