Cornwall III vs. Forte III

GreenGoose

On 3/14/2021 at 1:11 PM, AB3CX MIke said:

I wanted to do the same comparison, as I have Cornwall 3's so I picked up a pair of Chorus 2's about 150 miles from home about 6 weeks ago.  My hope was that in my smallish room the Chorus 2's would do the job and free up some space for me, and that I'd sell the Cornwalls and pocket some $$.  Well, after a week of back and forth it was clear that the Cornwalls were the keepers. More present, more feel. It's got to be those massive cabinets.  Not that the Chorus 2's weren't really good, they just were not going to be the keepers for me. I found a new owner for the Chorus 2's locally who had been wanting a pair for a long time and he's happy too.

That makes me feel better about missing out on so many chorus 2’s as I sit hear LOVING my Cornwall 1’s!!

5 hours ago, Bobby2xs said:

That makes me feel better about missing out on so many chorus 2’s as I sit hear LOVING my Cornwall 1’s!!

I grew up on Chorus / Chorus II and when i got my first pair of Cornwall's to do a side by side with the Chorus II i was actually quite shocked-- My initial reaction was that they sounded more alike than different. After spending about a week going back and forth playing with placement and what not I concluded that the Chorus II was the winner for me, they just had a tighter bass detail and overall clarity and finer details seemed to be present when listening critically.

To be fair the Cornwalls i had were probably 35 years old at the time and completely stock, I'm sure with new capacitors and CT-120 tweeters / A-55g's the gap would have narrowed tremendously either way the cabinet size of the Cornwalls are a big turn off for me, really like the size / shape of the Chorus models.

• Like 1