how do you get motivated? I need tips.

BigStewMan

• Moderators
On 7/23/2017 at 10:39 PM, T2K said:

I like donuts. I like guitar music too.

Keith

Not a bad idea.

BSM how about you drive the country and visit forum members, you could bring donuts and a guitar and play for everyone ?

It might not help you but it would make everyone else happy :o 

• Like 1

Apologies if someone already suggested this, but travel! If you've got the means, there is no better cure for "who the f*ck am I?" than getting out of your comfort zone, plopping yourself into another culture, fearing that everything you do is wrong, and making yourself feel really, really small.

• Like 1

• Moderators
17 hours ago, stencil said:

getting out of your comfort zone, plopping yourself into another culture, fearing that everything you do is wrong, and making yourself feel really, really small.

That's exactly what he did, more or less.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, dtel said:

That's exactly what he did, more or less.

I meant another culture, not just where they serve brunch a little differently. Where they speak other languages. Where you have to sit on a plane for a long time to get there. Where the food smells strange. Where the ladies look at you with curiosity and the men with disdain.

...or something like that.

Edited by stencil

I'll have to discuss with my LA bud who travels quite a bit producing movies.  He has lived in Hollywood Hills for a long while but has spent time in many other places.  Would like to hear his take.

I suspect leaving ones comfort zone is challenging.  It may be a case of the devil we know........

• Moderators
3 hours ago, stencil said:

I meant another culture, not just where they serve brunch a little differently. Where they speak other languages. Where you have to sit on a plane for a long time to get there. Where the food smells strange. Where the ladies look at you with curiosity and the men with disdain.

...or something like that.

Ok, I get it, I was just thinking LA, as strange as it is would be a big change going to any small town. What about along the coast in the Southeast, or for an even bigger change South Louisiana, that would even be a bigger change from the NE where he is, or most anywhere in the country. :o But he can't take heat or humidity so forget that.

He just needs a lady friend like Tarheel. :D