idiots

summs100

30 minutes ago, Tasdom said:

Idiots? I think you could have taken a different approach to voice your opinion and introduce yourself to the forum.

By the way, there are a lot of idiots here....... :)

I'm one of them too I guess.  I have 100 watts per channel, yet I only ever use a few tenths of one watt.  Miner nailed it though, quality over quantity any day of the week.  I'm just glad I don't need a Hobart Welder to actually produce some sound. When you have some of the most sensitive and revealing speakers known to man, a quiet and clean, low noise amp makes all the difference in the world.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, summs100 said:

I see all the pics of the 4 ft tall corner speakers with amps and surround, you could hook those up to a 250 slightly reputable receiver that's it all you need to blow your windows out

But how does the 250 slightly reputable receiver sound at all levels ? I guess you were just simplifying it for Us idiots . 

Let me try and explain from an idiots point of view. I could hit you with a fly swatter but a hammer would be more fun :lol:

• Like 6

2 hours ago, summs100 said:

I see all the pics of the 4 ft tall corner speakers with amps and surround, you could hook those up to a 250 slightly reputable receiver that's it all you need to blow your windows out

Did you just stop by to enlighten us poor souls or will there be a follow-up seminar to drill further down? Besides, blew my windows out years ago, replaced with screens. Sharing PWK with all my neighbors -- 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Gnote said:

But how does the 250 slightly reputable receiver sound at all levels ? I guess you were just simplifying it for Us idiots . 

Let me try and explain from an idiots point of view. I could hit you with a fly swatter but a hammer would be more fun :lol:

Gary is still cranky cause he didn't get my amp....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Frzninvt said:

If you came here to insult people you could at least use correct grammar.  Troglodite.

trog·lo·dyte: noun, a person who is regarded as being deliberately ignorant or old-fashioned.
Based on that definition, I don't think that the OP has deliberately turned his back on "enlightenment"...it's more likely that he got lost on the path leading to it! ;)
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, summs100 said:

Welcome to the forum summs 100!  Maybe you can learn something from us and realize that calling us idiots is a real slap in the face for those of us who have striven to improve ourselves thru all the stages of audiofools. Yes, there are STILL a few idiots around, but SOME of us have moved up the ladder while in here and have achieved audio imbecile status and a SELECT few have even made it into the lower regions of audio Morons.  So, stick around and improve your OWN audiofool status by listening and learning, and improve your status somewhat.

First lesson for your status improvement:  WHY use 250 watts "to blow your windows out" when all it takes is 25 watts or less to blow YOUR NEIGHBORS' windows out along with your own??

First lesson learned is that EFFICIENCY in loudspeakers means that you can produce far MORE decibels of sound pressure using LESS wattage to produce those decibels.  IOW you just get better GAS MILEAGE with efficient speakers.  It is akin to picking up and elephant with one's pinky finger!

OK, you have been upgraded in knowledge, and your IQ will improve if you stick around long enough.  Soon you may be upgraded from idiot status, yourself!  Think about going ALL THE WAY to audiofool MORON status!  Everybody should have REACHABLE GOALS!

Your next lesson SHOULD BE learning what audio reproduction ACCURACY is all about!  Stay tuned!

• Like 3