What I Got Today!

Brac

I got a fractured shoulder...onto the opthopedic surgeon in an hour. Although I have not seen them, the x-rays are awesome...my doctor said he has never seen a 32 year old male's bone break that badly...he said it reminded him of an xray of a 90 year old woman falling in a nursing home.

I got a fractured shoulder...onto the opthopedic surgeon in an hour. Although I have not seen them, the x-rays are awesome...my doctor said he has never seen a 32 year old male's bone break that badly...he said it reminded him of an xray of a 90 year old woman falling in a nursing home.

I'm sorry to hear of your misfortune. I hope you have a speedy recovery....

Hey, this thread is for good stuff you got.So, no messing around get rid of the broken shoulder and get something good to post about! But really Ace that's awful, I hope they get fixed right up, and on the mend. What were you doing in a nursing home wearing a dress anyway?

• Moderators

It was yesterday, but I got 2 free sailboats from a craigslist ad.

Tomorrow you will find they aren't really free...Devil

Dave

That's true

A boat is like a woman, the rigging cost more than the hull.

Dave

That's true

I've also heard this regarding boats... Two of the best days of your life involve boat ownership... the day that you buy it and the day that you sell it. LOL....

• Moderators

Finally bought me a car that is of this century!!! 2012 Camry SE

Congratulations, if they ride like the older models or better it will be a pleasure to drive.

Like Schu said

" that's another good purchase... she'll run forever "

Well kind of, unless you fall asleep on the interstate like I did in ours years ago, it was never the same after that. The State Policeman asked me what happened, I told him " I have no idea I was asleep". He did appreciate the honesty and laughed, but still gave me a ticket.

Dave

That's true

I've also heard this regarding boats... Two of the best days of your life involve boat ownership... the day that you buy it and the day that you sell it. LOL....

Boats, a hole in the water you pour money into.

I got my old car back...

In 2004 I bought a really nice well maintained 94 Acura Integra. It was a local car and the owner was a neighbor of my sister. Great car. Being of Honda lineage it was super reliable and economical. Being the Acura "sport" version of the Civic it was a blast to drive.

Early in 2010 it developed some rather serious engine problems. At the time I had not the time, money, or inclination to fix it. I parked it in the driveway and there it sat until last week. I scraped up the $$ to buy the needed parts and set about to the task of making it road worthy again.

I have to say that it's pretty obvious that Acuras (and Hondas I would assume) are assembled by people with VERY small hands and arms. By the time I was done I was cut and scraped and bruised like you wouldn't believe. BUT... She was running again. Whoo Hoo.

I have yet to do a full detail job on the interior and try to get the paint back to a shiny state and a couple of other minor projects. This morning was her first trip out of the driveway/garage in more than 2 years. I was a little rusty with the whole stick-shift thing at first but it came back pretty quickly. I guess I had forgotten just how much fun this little car is to drive.

Here she is... Not exactly a "looker" (yet) but a fun project for sure.

Posted Image

• Like 1

Today I got the life saving organs to save the life of an old friend, my Webber Grill Silver B. She is up in age and things for her had gotten really bad, she would burn one piece of chicken and leave another one only half done. My first step was to do some exploratory surgery, this showed her heart (gas tubes) were still perfect. A quick search showed that parts made by Weber were both overpriced, and lower class (things have changed). So I found a Company called Rivers Edge Products, and called them up. For a grand total of $88.00 (shipping included) Then sent me 5 new lungs (16ga Stainless Flavorizer bars) a full rib cage (Stainless grates) and an organ she nevr had before, "a box" with a hole in it. (fill mox with chips and add smoke to anything you like.******************* I am really impressed, this stuff is heads and tails better than what anyone else sells, it is HQ stainless Steel, and it is MADE IN USA!

post-28352-1381969264408_thumb.jpg

Today I got the life saving organs to save the life of an old friend, my Webber Grill Silver B. She is up in age and things for her had gotten really bad, she would burn one piece of chicken and leave another one only half done. My first step was to do some exploratory surgery, this showed her heart (gas tubes) were still perfect. A quick search showed that parts made by Weber were both overpriced, and lower class (things have changed). So I found a Company called Rivers Edge Products, and called them up. For a grand total of $88.00 (shipping included) Then sent me 5 new lungs (16ga Stainless Flavorizer bars) a full rib cage (Stainless grates) and an organ she nevr had before, "a box" with a hole in it. (fill mox with chips and add smoke to anything you like.******************* I am really impressed, this stuff is heads and tails better than what anyone else sells, it is HQ stainless Steel, and it is MADE IN USA!

wow...it's that time of the year again

I got my old car back...

In 2004 I bought a really nice well maintained 94 Acura Integra. It was a local car and the owner was a neighbor of my sister. Great car. Being of Honda lineage it was super reliable and economical. Being the Acura "sport" version of the Civic it was a blast to drive.

Early in 2010 it developed some rather serious engine problems. At the time I had not the time, money, or inclination to fix it. I parked it in the driveway and there it sat until last week. I scraped up the $$ to buy the needed parts and set about to the task of making it road worthy again.

I have to say that it's pretty obvious that Acuras (and Hondas I would assume) are assembled by people with VERY small hands and arms. By the time I was done I was cut and scraped and bruised like you wouldn't believe. BUT... She was running again. Whoo Hoo.

I have yet to do a full detail job on the interior and try to get the paint back to a shiny state and a couple of other minor projects. This morning was her first trip out of the driveway/garage in more than 2 years. I was a little rusty with the whole stick-shift thing at first but it came back pretty quickly. I guess I had forgotten just how much fun this little car is to drive.

Here she is... Not exactly a "looker" (yet) but a fun project for sure.

Integra-2.jpg

Jeff, I've always liked those Integras... I bet they are fun to drive, and probably are pretty good on gas too, huh? [H]

Jeff, I've always liked those Integras... I bet they are fun to drive, and probably are pretty good on gas too, huh?

Yes it is a LOT of fun to toss around. As for gas mileage it depends a LOT on how you drive it. If you drive it like an "old man" it'll get in the high 30s MPG wise. If you drive it like you just stole it figure on low 20s.

When it was my "daily driver" I was getting around 30 MPG so I guess I was somewhere in the middle.

What's kinda funny is that I picked up an immediate 4 or 5 MPG when I added a free flow intake, header, free flow cat and bigger exhaust system.

Makes you wonder about the "federal" MPG mandates doesn't it.

HMMM... It sounds better, it runs better, and it is more effecient. Why don't car builders look at this?

Got my Blu-Ray discs from jhoak (Tron: Legacy and Planet Earth series).

Also got an optical digital cable from monoprice. Used it to connect the optical digital output on my new TV to my receiver. Now I can stream Pandora and all the other apps the TV has through my stereo.

• CECAA850 changed the title to What I Got Today!