What I Got Today!

Brac

More speakers to clutter up the room.

Always remember this, speakers never clutter your room. However, your room can inhibit your speakers.... lol

Good point Boxx, also that is some fancy "clutter" you have going on. Cool

How you like the sound ?

Spent an evening with them last night. My room has problems and speakers that should have great bass always seem to need a subwoofer. So the Palladiums are not as "punchy" as K Horns, but that may be completely different in a much smaller room as they are definately punchy speakers that do dynamics very well.

I want to listen much more before I pass final judgment, but we all know that Klipsch was going after the B&W 800 series with the Palladiums. I owned the N801's and Signature 800's with all of the matching equipment (meaning that the B&W's were not lacking because of equipment, and in fact, they were really awesome sounding speakers).

So after one evening of listening, I can say that my initial impression is that Klipsch suceeded in their mission, and the B&W 800's seem to have nothing on the Palladiums. The Palladiums completely disappear and image very well. They have tons of detail and the top end is a little brighter than the B&W's, but no fatigue at all. Just really smooth and the added detail up high is nice.

I metioned the K Horns above. I always found the K Horns to have a lot of effortless punch, but the imaging was flat and arch shaped (kind of a missing hole in the lower center, a really big one). The Palladiums throw a wide and deep soundstage with no holes.

The TAD/Pioneer speakers sitting next to them (S-1EX) have imaging that comes very close to you and extends past the walls, but they use a coaxial driver which is a different animal. Oddly, the S-1EX's get set up so that they are pointed to intersect in front of you and they image better than anything that I have ever heard. Of course, I have not tried different positioning with the Palladiums, but I did set them up exactly as described in the manual. I also do not want this to be taken as a dig on the Palladiums, as the Palladiums image as well as B&W 800's, Wilsons, Ushers, and other high end speakers that I have heard.

I have only played very well recorded matierial so far and I want to spend more time with them, but the Palladiums performed very well right out of the box so far.

• 1 month later...

...To go on one of my final motorcycle rides of the season [:D]

It was a fantastic year to ride, and I logged 8,000 miles in the saddle of my bike... I'll be winterizing and parking my baby on Friday, and by Sunday I'll be anxious for spring to arrive...lol...

Anyhow, here's a few photos I took today:

11-21-12008.jpg?t=1353541144

11-21-12005.jpg?t=1353541158

11-21-12011.jpg?t=1353540849

And this past Sunday: [H]

11-18-12008.jpg?t=1353541345

11-18-12017.jpg?t=1353541295

11-18-12011.jpg?t=1353541336

11-10-12009.jpg?t=1353546582

Very nice photo Rick, you SURELY have had a great time on that little Screaming Eagle Sporty! Love the Air Museum. We have one not far from here too! It is on the grounds of Bradley International Airport, I need to go there and make a good part of the day (motorcycle trip!) of it and share some photos as well...

Thanks again Rick for the link [:)]

..........Gary

PS. I love the red ribbons on that evergreen! [Y]

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • CECAA850 changed the title to What I Got Today!