What I Got Today!

Brac

Today I got my 2 wheeled hot rod out of winter storage, and put on a new rear tire, and chrome belt & pulley covers. I then took it for a short ride, and it felt great to ride again after 3 months!! Now all I have to do is spend a day detailing it, and prepare it for the riding season. I also have some new Vance & Hines slip on mufflers to install, and can't wait to hear how she sounds with them. This weekend is supposed to be pretty nice, and I'm pumped about logging some miles in the saddle... [:D]

3-6-2013001_zps30a3eb51.jpg?t=1362626429

3-6-2013004_zps46bfaea5.jpg?t=1362626411

3-6-2013005_zpsa2021a9c.jpg?t=1362626388

Just got the new Direct TV Jeanie upgrade. Total Cost of $49.00. Pretty impressed with some of the changes, remote support for way more stuff (even Outlaw Gear). Has 5 tuners in it. Allows PIP of any 2 channels. Strangest part was they sent an installer that knew what he was doing, gave me a Cinema conn kit. (which takes in wireless network and give you a wired network) Have to think of some use for this. Also gave me a second remote (both RF) this unit will clone the remote to a second unit. Has a 1TB hard drive and a SATA connection in the back if you want to add more.

The only negative I see is they did away with the toslink and force you to use dig coax.

Here is my new toy. My trusty ol' 2005 Saturn ION finally gaveth up the ghost last sunday on the way back from the ski area.

So I found this nice little beauty at the local CarMax just the other night. A 2011 Ford Fusion SEL, and this thing comes LOADED!

2011-ford-fusion002Small_zps99899543.jpg

First time i have ever heard of a ford fusion being called a Toy... but congrates anyway. some of the new ford offerings are looking quite good these days, I hope long term they will hold that facination.

First time i have ever heard of a ford fusion being called a Toy... but congrates anyway. some of the new ford offerings are looking quite good these days, I hope long term they will hold that facination.

My truck is my primary vehicle, but I also wanted a good, front-wheel drive sedan with good tires and space my skis and luggage for when I need to travel anywhere, such as up to the ski area where I ski patrol (which is pretty much done after this next weekend, despite the 22 inches of snow that fell up there in the mountains just this past Wednesday. In that regard, it is kinda like a 'toy'. A actual toy would be if I got something like that Saturn SKY that I nearly bought off some guy. I was out in the driveway playing with the thing trying to figure out how to work the numerous controls and features. This thing has the full navigation system and that 'SYNC' thing. Also, it has the premium Sony sound system, which actually sounds quite good. I was searching the net for some info the car as well as I found the manual that comes with the third-party Eclipse headunit that is in my truck. I was trying to figure out how to get that stupid thing out of "Demo" mode all winter as well as how to set the clock (although it at least still plays my music like it supposed to).

Just got a call from my contractor telling me my new ice machine arrived & is up and running! One of the luxuries I allowed myself when we redid our kitchen a few years back. I got 6 years out of the last one, which seems to be their life expectancy. I was spoiled and missed having one, goodbye ice trays, back to the cabinet with you.

big_15IMBSFR.jpg&canvas=1&quality=100&mi

Hey Stephen, nice machine. Gotta love some ice and a dedicated machine is hard to beat.

We wanted extra ice around here too. Going fishing, to the ball park, big cookouts, and other activities require a lot of ice. Got a crazy idea and installed a typical refrigerator freezer ice maker in the top of one of those $179 floor standing chest freezers like you see at Sams Club and other places. Now we have about 100lbs at our disposal anytime.

Hey Mongo, your all set now my friend. Now if you only had a Double Doube to enjoy while watching that Bluray movie [H]

Just got a call from my contractor telling me my new ice machine arrived & is up and running! One of the luxuries I allowed myself when we redid our kitchen a few years back. I got 6 years out of the last one, which seems to be their life expectancy. I was spoiled and missed having one, goodbye ice trays, back to the cabinet with you.

big_15IMBSFR.jpg&canvas=1&quality=100&mi

Very nice! [Y] I know I hate using ice trays!

Really nice. There are 3 outputs tube analog, trans analog and digital. I have only tried the tube and trans analog and I have not heard a better for under 1500. Using the tube output it really opened up and is silky smooth. There aer things I am hearing now I have never heard. Real nice 3d effect and clarity. We are really happy.

That is one fine looking cd player! I hope you enjoy it.

JL nice improv on the ice maker. Tons of ice is essential for entertaining, we go through plenty in the summer. Since my new ice machine is up and running I started bagging some & store it in my chest freezer in the basement. I find leaving it in the ziploc bags keeps things colder for longer. I will bust up a few bags in the cooler, I find the mix of loose ice & whole bags lasts the longest. Nothing better than getting out the big Igloo cooler & filling it with brews & other essentials at the start of a weeks' vacation. I hear Spring starts tomorrow, but we are getting snow here in NYC today.

6 new (used) Kitaro LP´s

8450793620_9ae4c762e2_m.jpg

In Person D 1982 Kuckuck

Silk road D 1981 Kuckuck

Silver cloud D 1983 Polydor

Ten Kai D 1978 Wergo

Live in Asia D 1984 Polydor

Tenku D 1986 Geffen

All very good condition.

Nice Score...and here I thought I was the only Kitaro fan on this forum.

JJ

• CECAA850 changed the title to What I Got Today!