What I Got Today!

Brac

Traded for a 99 Toyota Sienna today

In 98 I went to work as the IT manager for a small local company. The job lasted 5 years before they down sized and I got laid off. Ever since then I've been a contractor for them doing between $2K and $4K of work for them every year. About the time I started there they bought a new Toyota Sienna CE to serve as a company vehicle. Trips to the airport or runs to the bank or whatever.

This past Sunday I was at their office doing the monthly maintenance on their workstations and servers. I've had that contract for a couple of years now. It's good money. Just shy of $2k a year for less than 2 hours once a month. While there I noticed that the Sienna hadn't been driven for a while. I left a note for the Office Manager indicating that I was interested in the Sienna and would be willing to trade future work for it.

On Tuesday I received an email from the OM telling me that they would accept $2K in future work in exchange for the Sienna. That seemed fair but I wanted to check it out before I committed to it. Wednesday I drove out there to check out how many miles are on it but the battery was completely flat. I removed the battery and brought it home to see if I could bring it back with my charger. No such luck. Turns out that it had 11/11 production date and a 3 year replacement warranty so Wally-World replaced it at no cost.

Finally.... I could see how many miles this guy had on the clock. I was shocked when I powered it up and the odometer read 30592. Less than 31K miles on a 14 year old mini-van. Unbelievable. Mark that one as SOLD!

It has a few minor problems but nothing I can't manage. It's in need of a good detailing but there's not a dent, ding or scratch anywhere on the body. There's very little wear anywhere in the interior. A couple of cans of upholstery cleaner and everything inside will look like new. Fortunately it had been parked under cover for all of it's life. After a couple of days of scrub and rub it should be worth quite a bit more than I have invested.

All in all a pretty nice little grocery getter. 3.0L V6, auto, cruise, cold 2 zone A/C, 2 row - 6 passenger seating.

I'll be picking it up Friday afternoon and once it's had a much needed bath I'll post a few pictures. Hopefully some young local "soccer mom" will be real proud to be tooling around in this guy and I'll be banking some much needed $$ very soon.

Way to Jeff.

Bartering can really work out in your favor.

PM me more info about the Sienna and a price you are willing to let it go for. Even though my wife really isn't a minivan girl, she may go for it with only 31,000 miles.

Thanks,

Bill

In 98 I went to work as the IT manager for a small local company. The job lasted 5 years before they down sized and I got laid off. Ever since then I've been a contractor for them doing between $2K and $4K of work for them every year. About the time I started there they bought a new Toyota Sienna CE to serve as a company vehicle. Trips to the airport or runs to the bank or whatever.

This past Sunday I was at their office doing the monthly maintenance on their workstations and servers. I've had that contract for a couple of years now. It's good money. Just shy of $2k a year for less than 2 hours once a month. While there I noticed that the Sienna hadn't been driven for a while. I left a note for the Office Manager indicating that I was interested in the Sienna and would be willing to trade future work for it.

On Tuesday I received an email from the OM telling me that they would accept $2K in future work in exchange for the Sienna. That seemed fair but I wanted to check it out before I committed to it. Wednesday I drove out there to check out how many miles are on it but the battery was completely flat. I removed the battery and brought it home to see if I could bring it back with my charger. No such luck. Turns out that it had 11/11 production date and a 3 year replacement warranty so Wally-World replaced it at no cost.

Finally.... I could see how many miles this guy had on the clock. I was shocked when I powered it up and the odometer read 30592. Less than 31K miles on a 14 year old mini-van. Unbelievable. Mark that one as SOLD!

It has a few minor problems but nothing I can't manage. It's in need of a good detailing but there's not a dent, ding or scratch anywhere on the body. There's very little wear anywhere in the interior. A couple of cans of upholstery cleaner and everything inside will look like new. Fortunately it had been parked under cover for all of it's life. After a couple of days of scrub and rub it should be worth quite a bit more than I have invested.

All in all a pretty nice little grocery getter. 3.0L V6, auto, cruise, cold 2 zone A/C, 2 row - 6 passenger seating.

I'll be picking it up Friday afternoon and once it's had a much needed bath I'll post a few pictures. Hopefully some young local "soccer mom" will be real proud to be tooling around in this guy and I'll be banking some much needed $$ very soon.

Congratulations Jeff...

Stihl MS 261 with 18" bar. Picked it up yesterday afternoon and cut 3 trees down today. That sucker revs high and cuts like a hot knife through butter. Well worth the price.

Ihave a smaller Stihl, and it has been great over the last ten years or so. Even after my son in law borrowed it.He just gave me two new chains a couple of weeks ago. Whooohoooo!

A great company, still growing, and located in Virginia Beach!

Seeing RodRockets most recent Avatar I thought he might like this cutie, I know I do! 20.6 pounds of asphalt/dirt gliderBig Smile Composite from stem to stern, hydraulics with sealer filled tubeless meatsStick out tongue

Nice looking set of wheels...

• CECAA850 changed the title to What I Got Today!