What I Got Today!

Brac

• 1 month later...

Very nice Cretes craftmenship there ! I have enjoyed a nice relationship with Bob some years back when I bought new caps for my series 'A' crossovers, K-77 replacements and new K-55 diaphrams for my '67 K'Horns Yes

Won't you share with us the results after they are installed ??

Thanks for posting....

............Gary

Gary:

I did the crossover replacement and the titanium diaphrams at the same time. My overall impression was that the mids were a little too hot. After a few conversations with Bob, I purchased a couple new caps and moved a wire on the autoformer (I believe that's what it's called). Bob said I could get 2dB of attenuation with that combination. It didn't sound like much but it did make a noticeable difference. I really like listening to them now. I actually spend more time with them (as they're in the garage) than I do my other 2 channel rigs and I seem to enjoy them more and more as I spend more time with them. They sound really sweet for some ugly old pro-style black boxes.

Carl

Thanks Carl for the results.. I too would like attenuate the mids because I think they are a little too heavy and mask out the tweeters! Could I move a wire on mine as well to create this 2 DB drop in output ? Let me know..

.......Gary

Thanks Carl for the results.. I too would like attenuate the mids because I think they are a little too heavy and mask out the tweeters! Could I move a wire on mine as well to create this 2 DB drop in output ? Let me know..

.......Gary

That's a Bob question. He sold me the caps that I needed to change, told me which ones to exchange them with and where to put the wire that needed to be moved. I wish I could take credit for the mod but I couldn't have figured it out on my own.

If you drop the mids down a bit, you probably won't need to do anything with the tweeters. They aren't the problem, at least not in my case.

Carl

Thanks again Carl......

Yes, the midrange is very strong with my old pair, but I won't move my bass or treble controls from top center (constitutes sound coloring?), so I live with the somewhat 'bloated' midrange... Guess that is what makes a 'vintagey' system (which it really is) [;)]

More later....

...........Gary

• 3 weeks later...

Last post on this project.

See the full gallery here.

https://plus.google.com/photos/105841424035889332753/albums/5914914486222893153

, 4 pole 3 position switch and knob on the way and it's done. Runs nice at full speed no wobble or motor noise.

Very nice. However, you could have just got a Pensonic BOLD. They're tough and long-lasting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILNYz1buuvA

• 1 month later...

I got the makings for homemade Chicken Carbonara, from fresh made pasta to local bacon; it was a delicious affair (for one).

post-3211-0-00180000-1386822017_thumb.jp

I ALMOST picked up a pair of Paradigm Studio 60 speakers and proper receiver (Anthem MRS 510 or Yamaha RX-A1030) but traffic was horrible and I missed the dealing. So carbonara, and a bottle of wine, will have to do! Until Friday when I get another chance!

Edited by justin_tx_16
  • Like 1

Thanks

Great looking rug under that gear.....

Thanks Boxx

I'll tell you guys the Ti tweeter in the RC-52II puts my Forte II's to shame.......Even for this small a speaker I can hear I need new crossovers and new diaphragms for tweeters and Mids....The little RC is very lively compared to the Forte's. It reproduces the sound of the smaller instruments in an orchestra; Flute, Violin, Oboe with a lot more passion than the Forte's.....The Forte II's definitely have more body, but lack the detail, by quite a margin, it's actually a little depressing. It's the newest speaker by almost 20 years I've ever had in my system........Dear Santa...When you drop off gifts to Bob Crites' new grandchildren, can you pick a few things up for me......Thanks Babe

I got the makings for homemade Chicken Carbonara

....That looks delicious Justin.....MMmmm so hungary right now......Beam me over some Chicken Carbonara, Beam it to me man!

Edited by Audio Android

I got the makings for homemade Chicken Carbonara, from fresh made pasta to local bacon; it was a delicious affair (for one).

attachicon.gifCarbonara.jpg

I ALMOST picked up a pair of Paradigm Studio 60 speakers and proper receiver (Anthem MRS 510 or Yamaha RX-A1030) but traffic was horrible and I missed the dealing. So carbonara, and a bottle of wine, will have to do! Until Friday when I get another chance!

Justin, You may want to check out this thread...

Fine Food and Music in the "Lounge" section of the forum.

We started it a year or so ago for our foodies in the group..... Boxx

attachicon.gifCarbonara.jpg

Justin, You may want to check out this thread...

Fine Food and Music in the "Lounge" section of the forum.

We started it a year or so ago for our foodies in the group..... Boxx

Oh fun! I used to host dinners and weekly movie nights (Cake and a Movie Night, new homemade cake, new movie, every Monday night for two years!). Maybe that will inspire me to get back into the game.

I traded in my Samsung i5 128ssd 4gb version for this i7 256ssd 8gb version...

all machined aluminum case
Windows® 8.1 (64-bit)
4MB L3
13.3"
3200 x 1800 LED QHD+ Captive Touch
16:9
256GB SSD SATA3
Intel® HD Graphics 4400
802.11 a/b/g/n
Bluetooth 4.0
3.06 lb.

NP940X3G_05.jpg
samsung-B00DVFMDN8-img3-l.jpg

• CECAA850 changed the title to What I Got Today!