What I Got Today!

Brac

• Moderators
jimjimbo, on 22 Aug 2014 - 3:14 PM, said:jimjimbo, on 22 Aug 2014 - 3:14 PM, said:

How about a pair of walnut Heresy II's, that are pretty beat, but not toooooo bad, and....all of the drivers are good.  Only thing missing is a dustcap from one of the K-24-K woofers.  $25 for the pair at a local flea market....Score!

Almost missed that, you lucky dog, you can buy a dust cap and just glue it on, same as what comes in the kits to refoam speakers, and it really easy to do and cheap.

Added to the collection :emotion-21:

Edited by dtel
  • Like 1

Thanks guys, and yeah!  I'm just happy I found a pair that fit in the budget...I'll be doing it all over again in October for either B-Set Speakers or Presence Speakers.  Either way I'm pretty pumped for that, gotta behave though until then. :lol:

• Like 2

hasn't arrived yet, but the package is out for delivery.

4x 2TB Western Digital Red drives to massively increase my existing unRAID NAS. Going from 4TB (unprotected) to 10TB + parity protection. I have a fun holiday weekend of drive burn-in and data transfers all planned out.

I have been meaning to do the same but keep putting it off , have fun

hasn't arrived yet, but the package is out for delivery.

4x 2TB Western Digital Red drives to massively increase my existing unRAID NAS. Going from 4TB (unprotected) to 10TB + parity protection. I have a fun holiday weekend of drive burn-in and data transfers all planned out.

MAN, I'd LOVE to have that...............................................if I knew what it was.

• Like 3

MAN, I'd LOVE to have that...............................................if I knew what it was.

big hard drives dude, with added protection so that a drive can fail without losing data. :P

Can you still do that with an unraid server. I thought there had to be some sort of raid software.

I am not questioning your ability, just looking for the education.

unraid uses a parity drive. all data is written to the drive array on individual drives (you have different methods of spreading the data across each drive, but every file is written entirely on a given drive) and then the single parity drive is what creates the array "backup", or rather the ability to have a drive die and replace it without losing data.

other technologies do still rely on raid configurations, but not unraid.

which, i might add, is the same benefit you get when buying a solution like drobo, netgear readynas, etc ...i went diy so that I could put all of my money into drives and not $400+ chassis and proprietary software. unraid provides a solid solution with computing hardware I already had and extensive capabilities for running additional software to really use the NAS to its fullest.

How do you feel about some of the "build threads" or "build guides" that are out there. I have been interested in a NAS for a couple of years, every time I plan it out it looks as it would cost around 700.00 with a 3-4 tb parity drive with 7 extra slots starting with a couple of 2 tb hard drives.  But I thought I would have been using a raid array of some sort. Which ever when I get serious about building one, hopefully I know who to go to for help.

Today I got 2 of the furniture dollies d like others seem to be doing.  Then I got 4 locking wheels so I can lock the dollies with 2 lockers on the side of the dollie, so they don't roll when I don't want them too.  So I'm looking and realized if I bought 4 more of the  locking wheels I would have 4 dollies  by using scrap wood around my shop.

So I got 4 dollies that lock when I want for less then the price of 3 dollies.

:emotion-14:

• Like 2

Last week lightening struck through the window and hit my 14 month old tv, bdp, processor and eq($1500+ loss)...I finished replacing the 4 of these today with a couple very nice audio scores. And still looking to get a better bluray player yet again my audio/video room is full on hard core ready for anything. Ooooh what a feeling! Heck I felt like I got hit by lightening for about a day(b4 and after the lightening strike haha)..

So a note to all reading lightening can strike through a window and directly torch anything(anything meaning at least tv, bdp, eq or processor) that's plugged in to any power conditioner or at least the $50 monster av750(used for modem, router, tv and bdp only) which is/was guaranteed for $400,000 lol

• CECAA850 changed the title to What I Got Today!