What I Got Today!

Brac

Dealing with obligatory family time at the moment, but i was able to quickly set it up and take a picture. It's bigger than I realized - still small compared to most emotiva amps, but much much larger and heavier than the little t-amps I've been messing with for the last year or so. It sure looks good as a gear stack.

Screen%20Shot%202014-11-18%20at%205.56.0

Screen%20Shot%202014-11-18%20at%205.56.4

Looks Good - I had both once , hard to beat for the money   Enjoy

Dealing with obligatory family time at the moment, but i was able to quickly set it up and take a picture. It's bigger than I realized - still small compared to most emotiva amps, but much much larger and heavier than the little t-amps I've been messing with for the last year or so. It sure looks good as a gear stack.

I have no idea what I am looking at in terms of the newer Emotiva line, but suffice to say those thing look beautiful... very nice esthetic. Let us now how they sound with charged cornwalls!

I have no idea what I am looking at in terms of the newer Emotiva line, but suffice to say those thing look beautiful... very nice esthetic. Let us now how they sound with charged cornwalls!

ha.

this: http://emotiva.com/products/electronics/stealth-dc-1

and this: http://emotiva.com/products/amplifiers/mini-x-100

sounds great with the charge coupled crossovers I have in the cornwalls, if not a bit clinical. I'll have another month or so with this setup before my jupiter build xovers come in from Dean, which should help "soften" things while maintaining (or further improving) the clear presentation of instruments and vocals, sound stage, tight robust bass, and solid mids/highs.

it's a fun little package and didn't break the bank.

ha. this: http://emotiva.com/p...cs/stealth-dc-1 and this: http://emotiva.com/p...iers/mini-x-100 sounds great with the charge coupled crossovers I have in the cornwalls, if not a bit clinical. I'll have another month or so with this setup before my jupiter build xovers come in from Dean, which should help "soften" things while maintaining (or further improving) the clear presentation of instruments and vocals, sound stage, tight robust bass, and solid mids/highs. it's a fun little package and didn't break the bank.

Congrats, that looks nice!

Curious on the Gen.2 mini-x if the speaker terminals are also backwards? ie left terminal closer to the right speaker / right closer to the left

Curious on the Gen.2 mini-x if the speaker terminals are also backwards? ie left terminal closer to the right speaker / right closer to the left

they are! so odd, but a minor nit i guess. 

Yeah weird but no big deal. Enjoy!

I've seen that before on some vintage equipment, I believe one of my H/k twin receivers also has them backwards, but it makes sense when looking at it from the back.

• Like 1

I sold my Pioneer SC35 and ordered a new AVR to use as a pre pro.. I wish it had balanced, but it doesn't

SC-85_large.jpg

SC85

It has a better DAC than my Oppo, MCACC Pro, and the latest generation Class D amp. slightly better than a sideways move, but not earth shattering.

Edited by Schu
  • Like 3

I sold my Pioneer SC35 and ordered a new AVR to use as a pre pro.. I wish it had balanced, but it doesn't

SC-85_large.jpg

SC85

It has a better DAC than my Oppo, MCACC Pro, and the latest generation Class D amp. slightly better than a sideways move, but not earth shattering.

Nice Indeed...

I got the new Bruce Springsteen box set (CD version). Best Buy price matched Amazon's price of $74.99. For those considering the set, I can tell you that it sounds every bit as good as the reviews say it does, and I recommend it highly for fans of the music...

• Like 1

Thats what I use in my phono pre... good stuff. NOS or ?

Oh yeah :D NOFreekingS. Gotta love quantities of unused tube stocks. It's rare that I buy from dealers, but in this case they scored a sufficient quantity to make it worth dropping the price - and that "sufficient quantity" makes me able to order up a stash of top grade, matched product. Batches like this don't show up often - and there's been two notable large scale 6922 NOS "finds" in the dealer universe recently. Gotta strike when the iron is hot, because such finds get rarer and rarer, and I am invested in gears that use them. No worries on that anymore!

• CECAA850 changed the title to What I Got Today!