What I Got Today!

Brac

I now have my DTM-40.4 hardwired ethernet(powerline adapter) so not even using it wirelessly.

I love how handy those powerline adapters are! I use one for my computer, and plan to get one for the Onkyo.

This is off topic but with all the raving you've done about your 63's Bill, I'm very interested in hearing them. I've seen some pop up from time to time, so next time they do I might scoop myself up a pair and see what the big deal is about B)  

IMG_0229_zps798ecefb.jpg

Just gotta say...Klipsch are so damn photogenic...I mean seriously...look at that beauty.  They ham up to the camera.

Klipsch Reference speaker really are. I got a Canon Rebel T5i for Christmas and tried my best to capture the awesome copper color with this pic. I'm still learning the in's and out's of it  :P

A hp envy 15t i7/16gb/1tb 1080p laptop custom build... what a piece of shyte this thing is. Going to send it back to hp.

That make two lap tops purchased, and two laptops returned in a month and a ualf or so.

just get a macbook pro and be done with it.

Yep….that's what I did after I had 2 HPs melt on me.

A hp envy 15t i7/16gb/1tb 1080p laptop custom build... what a piece of shyte this thing is. Going to send it back to hp.

That make two lap tops purchased, and two laptops returned in a month and a ualf or so.

just get a macbook pro and be done with it.

yeah... I considered that for sure. I started out on macs in late 80's or so. switched to windows in the mid 90's and have never looked back. I would dread having four different OS's in my home though... I should be able to find a good Windows based unit that doesn't cost $2,000+.

I am looking at the surface pro 3 512gb

While I was looking (to long) to find me affordable Heresies, another pair of interesting speakers showed up unexpectedly:

Infinities Qb , and for a fraction of the price :).

Infinity_Qb_grill2_zps2e72a2f7.jpg

Infinity_Qb_withoutgrill_zpsd1de0166.jpg

They share a number of similarities; their size, sparkling tweeter, three way design, just to name some of them. Their lifespan was from 1978-1983 (more or less, depending on the market they sell). But the thing that sold them was E.M.I.T. tweeter (Electromagnetic Induction Tweeter; aka “ribbon” tweeter), which was similar to electrostatics.

Quantum 10” bass driver was responsible for good and transient response. Their power rating is 15-150 Watt RMS, while frequency response is 42-32.000 Hz. Crossover frequencies are at 600 and 4000 Hz. On the back of the speakers are midrange controls for tonal balance.

The oddity is their nominal impedance at 4 Ohms, which caused that many of these sensitive tweeters were fried with low-powered amplifiers pushed to the limits. And they do have the fuse for them).

Since my Onkyo 8050 can be switched to push 4ohms speakers at 160W, I thought to give them a try.

Some people say that the sound of Heresy and Qb was similar regarding accuracy of reproducing and the quality of the sound. That is what attracted me to Infinities, along with the sonic possibilities of the tweeter. And their peculiar color, one speaker is a bit darker than the other :rolleyes:.

I tried them in a huge room (about 1200 sq feet) and had to crank them up quite far to make them really sing. The tweeter provides for silky smooth, delicate and very accurate sound. The speaker is bright but also can go very deep, at least comparing to my RF 42s. Music is vibrant and usually without distortion. One person that used to sell those in 70-ties described them as wonderful tweeter that struggles between so-so midrange and big woofer, but very often this is a winning combination. These Infinities can use a little air around them, squeezed in my much smaller room they can be fatiguing after awhile.

Anyway, they are keepers.

• Like 2

• Moderators
Two Heresy III's and a second R-115SW to go along with the one I got last week. Show and tell is always fun!

Cool looking setup, but I have one question. Why are the mains toed in so far, at most they should be pointed dead at the center seat, those appear (in the pic) to be pointed way off ?

• Moderators

Ok sorry I had no idea, it just caught my eye as being way off.

How did it sound ? I'm wondering since your room is deep if it would be best to make a false walls to aim the khorns like your original setup ? Kind of just like backs to the speakers, many have said it works great.

Just wondering, I don't have khorns but just thinking out loud.

Good looking room either way, very nice. I like good size room's like yours, to me they just sound better when the speakers can breath a little. :emotion-21:

• Like 1

• CECAA850 changed the title to What I Got Today!