What I Got Today!

Brac

From a couple days ago...

I looked and looked and I could not find a GT PP in white without it being the premium model... which I didn't want. The non-premium Power Package GT's are fairly rare.

16996485606_7ff92fd48b_h.jpg

I wanted the car as striped down as possible and the only thing I didn't get was the Recaro seats, but I may just go ahead and order them from the parts dept... we'll see.

I guess I wont be buying speakers anytime soon...

That is very nice. Im not a ford fan at all but use to always have a hopped up mustang for fun. Usually a few years old though. It does seem that sports cars are getting back into the groove they once were. For a while my northstar Cadillacs would push anything back lol That what you have Schu is a very sharp car!

• Like 1

I am a japanese guy... I really am. I have never owned an american car since the 1970's. This car is pure joy... WONDERFUL.

Those skateboard ID cards you showed last week didn't look like you are Japanese :D

hapa, half Japanese half German... hence my name!

16462292359_5018580cac_o.jpg

Edited by Schu
  • Like 1

Ordered me a pair of RF-62 II's and an RC-62 II to go with my RB-51 II"s. Of course the RF's will be replacing my KG 3.2's as the Mains. And the RC will replace my SC-1 center channel. The RB's will replace my old KSB-1.1's I've been using as surrounds. All the old speakers will go to my bedroom system. Really excited to have an all Reference system in my living room.

so far no issues whatsoever playing anything from my library at appropriate listening volumes. I had a pretty "clinical" rig to begin with, so in spite of SEP characteristics I've read about it actually has relaxed the sound a bit in regards to harshness (for lack of a better word). i seem to have gained some 3d depth to the sound stage as well. overall, I'm very pleased with my first long-term tube listening session. at these listening levels I cannot tell whatsoever that I replaced my 50wpc solid state amp with 3wpc tube alternative. :)

the cool thing about this amp is "ear bleed" filter which can be used to make very harsh, over processed, recordings much more listenable. It's nothing more than a variable RC low-pass filter with a switch which allows it to be totally bypassed. 

btw, it's this amp, which you all have already ranted and raved about :P

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/149147-fresh-off-the-bench/

I'm definitely enjoying the tubes. this particular one doesn't seem to be excessively "warm" in nature.. just good clean sound, but not as analytically clean as the solid state amp I had in place. overall, i think it has softened the sound a bit to make it more pleasant, without sacrificing bass performance or accuracy.

or something like that. I hate reading audio gear reviews because they always sound pretentious and vague.. yet here I am trying to describe the changes and all I can think to use are the same vague meaningless adjectives.

I just bought a pair of Outlaw Audio M2200 200wpc Mono block amps from the Emotiva forum. Couldn't pass them up for $150. Going to pair them with an Emotiva XDA-2 preamp for 2.2 channel sound with a Panasonic plasma in a small sitting room. I have a similar set up for two channel audio and a pair of Klipsch Heresies so it should sound good. The room is too small for surround so this is the next best thing.

I looked and looked and I could not find a GT PP in white without it being the premium model... which I didn't want. The non-premium Power Package GT's are fairly rare.

I wanted the car as striped down as possible and the only thing I didn't get was the Recaro seats, but I may just go ahead and order them from the parts dept... we'll see.

You won't be disappointed if you decide to get the Recaros. I had them in a Skyline GTR I had in Japan, they look good, feel good and will add value to your car.  They will also keep your butt planted where it needs to be if you decide to take it to a track day.  Sweet car!! It looks like a ton o fun

I looked and looked and I could not find a GT PP in white without it being the premium model... which I didn't want. The non-premium Power Package GT's are fairly rare.16996485606_7ff92fd48b_h.jpg

Beautiful car Schu and Orange, my color. Been looking myself at the GT or a 3-4 year old Z06. Own Euro cars/bikes as a rule, currently an Audi S4. Never owned a Ford but the new GT is sharp enough that I can see one in my garage. With the performance package I assume you opted for the manual gear changer?

• Like 2

Beautiful car Schu and Orange, my color. Been looking myself at the GT or a 3-4 year old Z06. Own Euro cars/bikes as a rule, currently an Audi S4. Never owned a Ford but the new GT is sharp enough that I can see one in my garage. With the performance package I assume you opted for the manual gear changer?

of course... I have always rowed or shoveled my own. the TL I traded in was the first Automagic I have ever purchased and I thought I was ready for the big slow down and sailing off into the sunset... I guess the answer was no way because I only had that car for about 2.5 months before looking elsewhere.

this thing is EVERYTHING that is advertised... specially with the performance package of brembos and 3.73 gearing.

needs to be lowered a bit... and many other things, but I think I will live with a simple drop for a little while.

17047234331_ef0bde59fc_k.jpg

16861849829_e6aedea5fb_k.jpg

Edited by Schu
  • Like 3

I just picked up a factory refreshed Emotiva XDA-2 Preamp/DAC/Headphone amp to pair with my new Outlaw Audio M2200 mono block amps.

I am going to set them up to run the amps to my Klipsch KG 2.2's through the XLR outputs and a pair of powered subs through the RCA outputs on the XDA-2. This is the 5th Emotiva XDA-2 in my house. I love that you can dual purpose these preamps to run both outputs simultaneously, plus the DAC portion sounds amazing.

At $180 shipped I could not pass it up......it definitely paid for me to call Emotiva direct. I may buy a few more for the kids rooms.....hehehe!

This is what I've been doing over the last few months. Moved away from woofers to bangers. Temporarily, I did find a Pioneer VSX 49 Elite at salvation army for $50 that works great just not today Still lurking Jason.

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk

was going to post a photo of my AR15 SPR  build but alas,  it was epically difficult on my phone. Maybe nextime. 

Edited by Jsaint

• CECAA850 changed the title to What I Got Today!