What I Got Today!

Brac

Thank you... I hope they do indeed sound good.

Yet, somehow it doesn't seem like it's enough for me... Ordered 2.2uf (4) and 2 x 12uf (2)!

21616466111_a481daeb39_o.jpg

21419537660_e86ee3498e_o.jpg

So you found some of the 100v flat stacks??

I thought they were out of stock pretty much everywhere.  They say the round VT caps are coming "soon"  ...whenever "soon" is going to be, I don't know.

Thanks Ceptorman, no idea where I am going with them yet but they will fit in somewhere. I love when sellers offer low BIN's on Ebay with a Best Offer as well...Too good a deal to pass up.

Now I am down to only one extra room full of goods to sell.

So you found some of the 100v flat stacks??

I thought they were out of stock pretty much everywhere.  They say the round VT caps are coming "soon"  ...whenever "soon" is going to be, I don't know.

Yeap... I got the last pair of 12uF 100 volts (from the US) and a set (4) of 2.2uF 100 volts (From England)

I can post pictures later when the UK units get in... the 12uF's are already here.

Edited by Schu

Added two SW-311... Basking in the glory of "base".

Recalibrated Audyssey to include two subs - bit better

Next performed Klipsch Microphone room correction calibration - lot better

Not sue if corner placement is needed for these subs, as (1) don't have much choice for placement and (2) 14' wide front wall is kind of occupied (room size 14' x 21' x 9')  :D

Cheers !!!

• Like 1

Forgot to mention that these two active 10" SW-311 subwoofers are competing against 12 passive RF-7 II 10" woofers :D

I know those SW-311's are not the end all for HT but how do they perform musically with the RF-7II's?  I would not mind finding one of it's little brothers SW-308 for my computer rig.

Bill

Forgot to mention that these two active 10" SW-311 subwoofers are competing against 12 passive RF-7 II 10" woofers :D

I know those SW-311's are not the end all for HT but how do they perform musically with the RF-7II's?  I would not mind finding one of it's little brothers SW-308 for my computer rig.

Bill

Two of these perform quite well producing tight base notes together with RF-7 II, both during the movies and music. All six RF-7 II goes up to 40Hz and RC-64 II goes up to 60 Hz, while two subs produce LFE + Main. 

As I stated above, I went in with two step calibration process. 1st I carried out Audessey with marginal difference and next I carried out Klipsch Room Correction Calibration for each sub (mic were placed at two different positions for each sub) that lead to significant difference. After playing various material for 6-8 hours for couple of days, I've finally reduced volume from full 11db to 8dB on Klipsch subs as it's too much base, rattling-shaking windows of three rooms - The room they're placed into as well as my nook and library.

I watched few movies with known base heavy passages and it definitely shakes the corner of the home and prorogates the low frequency wave through the floor.  

Issue: The only issue right now is that it wakes up for some reason while content is played with Left main and Right main signals. It stays on during 5.1/7.1 content and similarly it would be okay if it stayed on during 2.0 content instead of waking up in the middle, which causes a unwanted small pop. As soon as I get cables, I'll try out trigger inputs instead of LFE signal.

Edited by pite

• CECAA850 changed the title to What I Got Today!